First Review by kiritpshah

good, not great - Edit

this restaurant was just down the street from where i was staying, so i had a few meals there. the sambar vadai was my favorite, and they had a good dosa selection too.
i asked the manager if any of the sweets were vegan, and he said "no, they all have milk".

Contributions +86

Super Yummy - Edit

This place is great! Dosas are a real standby for vegans in this part of the world and they do them nicely here! I will keep coming back despite the potential for ghee. The waiters do speak English and are pretty good at explaining things. Its definitely worth the trip. My favorite place to eat in New Delhi. I'm addicted.

Pros: Really Clean, So Tasty, So Good

Cons: Dairy potential, I could get fat here!

excellent food - Edit

the food here is great and good value for money. authentic south-indian food. pure vegetarian and fresh. very clean place. the airconditioning is working a bit too hard, so it can be quite cold inside, bring a sweater.
many options for vegans. delicious milk-based sweets. the mini tiffin is a good choice if you want to try a bit of everything. also try the famous south-indian coffee (comes with milk)

One of the best South Indian joints in Delhi - Edit

Great food, extensive selection, many vegan options (though some with oil), fresh juices (including sweet carrot juice), reasonably priced.

Sweet-toothed vegans should regard the desserts with suspicion, however: we asked quite a few different employees whether any of the many sweets on offer were vegan, and we got conflicting answers again and again, so we have no confidence. Part of the trouble seems to be that there are so many different kinds of milk products used (ghee, khoya, butter, cream, milk, etc.), but it's also hard to tell who really knows what goes in there, and who's just trying to tell us what they think we want to hear (with the best of intentions, no doubt).

Note that the air-conditioning can be a bit aggressive, so bundle up if you're sensitive.

Pros: Great menu of tasty South Indian food, Many vegan options, Fresh juices

Cons: Unsure whether any sweets are vegan

Return to New Delhi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hotel Saravana Bhavan - Connaught Circus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1756 times since Aug 2007.