Hotel Santa Fe

Contact 954-58202-70

Calle Morro s/n, Puerto Escondido, Mexico,

Serves meat, vegan options available. All vegetarian except for fish. Opened in 1981, the menu at this restaurant is around 50% vegetarian, most of which can be adapted for vegans. The vegetarian and non-veg dishes are prepared in separate areas. The restaurant is under a huge palapa, with views of the ocean that is directly outside. The tofu and tempeh, yogurt, ice cream, granola are made in-house. The vegetarian tamales can be made vegan with 1-2 days advance notice. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by enRoute

Under par... - Edit

I have eaten here twice. The staff are very friendly and the hotel itself is pretty..... and that is about it. I think the menu may have been created a long time ago and has become very dated. It is awesome to have a vegan selection, but both times my meal was sloppy and kind of hard to stomach. I say this with sadness because I returned for the second round thinking, "maybe I chose a weird dish, thats why it wasn't good"... The first time I chose a seitan dish and the second time I chose a curry. My partner is omni and did not enjoy either of our visits either. I hope a fresh menu can revive this place as it is a great spot to watch the sunset.

Pros: Service, Friendly Staff, Gorgeous view

Cons: Dated menu, Food

Great spot - Edit

Fantastic place for a veggie/vegan meal with a great view and beautiful facilities. It's in one of the fancier hotels in town but they're very welcoming and friendly. Mostly a vegetarian restaurant with just a few fish items. The breaded tofu and tofu curry are both delicious. Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious, Great Location, Friendly

Cons: Expensive, Not 100% Veg

Return to Puerto Escondido Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hotel Santa Fe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1069 times since Mar 2011.