Hotel Santa Fe

Serves meat, vegan options available. All vegetarian except for fish. Opened in 1981, the menu at this restaurant is around 50% vegetarian, most of which can be adapted for vegans. The vegetarian and non-veg dishes are prepared in separate areas. The restaurant is under a huge palapa, with views of the ocean that is directly outside. The tofu and tempeh, yogurt, ice cream, granola are made in-house. The vegetarian tamales can be made vegan with 1-2 days advance notice. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by enRoute

Wonderful Place - Edit

My husband and I ate here twice during our three day stay in PE. The restaurant is beautiful and overlooks Zicatela Beach.

The staff were very friendly, and the vegetarian and vegan options were clearly marked. I asked for a veganized version of the mole enchiladas, and the waiter offered to replace the cheese with tofu. They were wonderful. My husband ordered a seitan roulade type dish that he loved. They also supplied fresh bread and fresh salsas.

On our second visit, we ordered the tofu sandwich, the tempeh sandwich, and the potatoes and tomatoes dish, all of which were delicious.

I would highly recommend this place!

Pros: Mole, Ambience, Clearly marked options

Cons: Prices are high for the area

Under par... - Edit

I have eaten here twice. The staff are very friendly and the hotel itself is pretty..... and that is about it. I think the menu may have been created a long time ago and has become very dated. It is awesome to have a vegan selection, but both times my meal was sloppy and kind of hard to stomach. I say this with sadness because I returned for the second round thinking, "maybe I chose a weird dish, thats why it wasn't good"... The first time I chose a seitan dish and the second time I chose a curry. My partner is omni and did not enjoy either of our visits either. I hope a fresh menu can revive this place as it is a great spot to watch the sunset.

Pros: Service, Friendly Staff, Gorgeous view

Cons: Dated menu, Food

Great spot - Edit

Fantastic place for a veggie/vegan meal with a great view and beautiful facilities. It's in one of the fancier hotels in town but they're very welcoming and friendly. Mostly a vegetarian restaurant with just a few fish items. The breaded tofu and tofu curry are both delicious. Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious, Great Location, Friendly

Cons: Expensive, Not 100% Veg

Return to Puerto Escondido Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hotel Santa Fe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.