Hotel de l'Europe

1 rue Saint-Eldrade , Le Monetier-les-bains, France, 05220

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hotel restaurant offering a different menu each night. Will provide vegan menu upon notification at time of booking.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, European, French, Non-veg

First Review by sophiefp

happy vegan - Edit

This is mainly a hotel, but you can also book to eat here as a non resident.
Though I was part of a large non-vegan group, my dietary requirements were looked after without quibble and with much adventurous cooking. It disappointed the chef that I don't eat desserts as he can make vegan meringue amongst other sweet treats. People were often jealous of the variety and colour of the dishes I got every night. They were very tasty too.
An added bonus was that because of me, the starters for everyone were nearly always vegan too, though I kept quiet about this!
Coeliacs were also well and fastidiously catered for.
Breakfast is continental help yourself. Dairy free milks, margarine and yoghurt were provided for me.
I was there during the ski season, and loved the variety and extent of pistes. There's fabulous off piste if you get a local guide or instructor. For the best teaching I've ever come across, look up Gavin Crosby, a local English born instructor. For off piste heaven, la Grave is not far away and he can take you there.
Summer sounds fab, with hiking, white water rafting, mountain biking and much else.
The local spa is wonderful.
You can get there overnight by sleeper train arriving fresh in the morning at Briancon, to ski an extra day at the start and end of your trip.

Pros: creative vegan options , one of owners is English, other is French, lovely atmosphere, good value and comfortable

Cons: skiing is an expensive hobby, you have to leave eventually

Return to Le Monetier-les-bains Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hotel de l'Europe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.