Hot and Cold Cafe

434-846-4976

205 9th St, Lynchburg, Virginia, USA, 24504

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a wide variety of indicated vegetarian items in both the Mediterranean and Indian sections with vegan items. Cozy locally owned restaurant which the owner personally runs with his wife and a few other staff. Welcoming atmosphere with the inviting aromas of Indian spices. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat 11:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Organic, Buffet, Mediterranean, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by nardanddee

Immaculate all around! - Edit

A small restaurant that probably can't even hold 30 customers, in the middle of a mainly business and banking area in downtown Lynchburg sets the bar high for local, Vegan options. The attentive and energetic wife ushers you in and takes your order graciously, easily accessible when asking what exactly is Vegan. Speaking of food, they have over 30 vegan options, including 1 desert! The chef also repeated a few times that he will make anything that isn't vegan, vegan. I ordered the Egyptian wrap, which came with hummus, lettuce, some veggies, felafel (to die for, didn't taste unhealthy or oily!), and another Mediterranean type felafel, however the name escapes me. We also ordered the surprisingly pita bread-rich hummus appetizer (also very good taste and deal wise). Keep in mind when ordering a wrap you cannot get it with the tahini dressing as it is cut with mayonnaise. They did promise to work on instead using a vegan substitute, as they notice it's demand. They also have a lunch buffet with plenty of vegan options including rice and a soup. There is one vegetarian dish that contains butter that they often include in the buffet, so be proactive and ask- they're very friendly and honest. Over all this Mom & Pop diner is adorable, has a great energy, and food to match! I cannot wait to go back to my new favorite restaurant in a town where vegan-advertised restaurants are scarce, however ever so growing in numbers!

excellent - Edit

This is a quaint spot right off of Main Street. The street parking available is free. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I want to tell you about the food and people. The owners are super friendly and kind. The chef made my Aloo Cabbage without ghee and altered the spiciness to my liking. My food was so tasty that if I didn't have to fly back home today, I would have either returned for dinner or ordered extra food to take with me. The chef even offered me a large sample of the mango pudding (I couldn't eat it because of the dairy but it was a very nice offer). Good food and great people....what more could you ask for?

Pros: customizable tasty food, friendly people, variety

Return to Lynchburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hot and Cold Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.