Hoshina Teishoku - Zhongshan District

02-25362828

21, Lane 16, Sec. 2, Zhongshan N Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei, Taiwan, 10491

穗科 is a Japanese restaurant and noodle house with a few locations in Taipei. Serves set meals only. This branch opened in 2017. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese

First Review by HaileyPoLa

Great noodles and best vegetable tempura - Edit

One of my favourite places for noodles and tempura. The set menu comes with sides dishes that are also very tasty. The pickled cherry tomatoes are one of the best i've had. Good mix of vegetable tempura with light batter.

Weird experience and the food is so mediocre. - Edit

I inquired about gluten-free options before I even sat down and the host was puzzled, obviously not knowledgeable of what gluten is. After many exchanges of explaining which ingredients contain gluten I was sent a side soup with my meal that has dashi(contains soy sauce which has wheat). Luckily I smelled the strong soy sauce aroma before touching it. After informing the wait staff about it, I was told there's a "small amount" of soy sauce in the soup...I wonder if there's a small amount of soy sauce or wheat in the other stuff I ate in my set meal.

I had the Thai curry which was more of a soup and doesn't taste like Thai curry at all.

I would come back if the food is worth it, disregard of the weird exchanges with the staff, but sadly not the case.

Pros: Walking distance from the MRT station,, filling portions.

Cons: No restroom, staff are not knowledgeable, and unaware of the severity of food intolerances.

Love vegan Japanese food - Edit

I love vegan Japanese food so this place is perfect. It offers rice combos and udon combos with various side dishes, tempura (deep-fried vegetables), and dessert. A combo costs about $11 and the portion is huge.

There's no service fee and it's self-serve, so after the meal customers need to take their plates back to the window.

This is the best vegan Japanese food I've ever had and I'll for sure go back again and again.

However, one thing that's odd about this place is that there's no bathroom open to the public (but there's hand sanitizer). There's a department store right next door so the staff would point you there if you need to use the bathroom.

Pros: amazing food, huge portion, affordable price

Cons: no bathroom in the restaurant

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hoshina Teishoku - Zhongshan District closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.