Horizontal

• Vegan
Contact +79650038558

74 Ligovsky Prospekt, St Petersburg, Russia,

Vegan restaurant in Etazhi loft project ground floor, established by Chiapas restobar in 2014. Old school vegan kitchen crew, offering burgers and wraps (falafel, tofu, seitan), rolls, salads, plus freshly squeezed juices, and shakes. Delivers Mon-Fri 1-8pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by Masel

Really great! - Edit

Like others said, you almost pass it, if you're not paying attention. It's on the landing in the stairs, and you order through a window in the door.

I had a wrap with some kind of sauce, veggies, seitan, tofu & falafel. The menu isn't in English, and this was the recommendation of the employee who spoke some English, and I wasn't too keen, but it was AWESOME. I'd definitely eat it again.

Friendly staff, fun vibe, and great, all-vegan food.

Pros: All vegan, friendly, Delicious

So Unexpected, Sooo Goooood! - Edit

Almost literally a hole-in-the-wall! We didn't really understand where it was, expecting an actual restaurant setting and were told it was in this building. Must have walked past it several times on the stairway before noticing it.

We really couldn't believe the quality of the food produced here and that it's all vegan. If we came back to St Petersburg, we would go back here several times! We tried the tofu burger, falafel and seitan rolls, and the Caesar salad. If it's busy, it will take a little while but that has to be expected. Everything was so tasty-- great sauces. Very inexpensive and filling, as well.

There is a hostel in this building and their large dining room is on this floor so it can be used if you are not ordering for take-away.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. They delivered our food while we were sitting in the dining room. SUPPORT THIS PLACE!!

Pros: Amazing vegan food in St P!!!, Staff, Cheap

Cons: Should be more "Pros" to list!

Pit-stop Petersburger - Edit

It's a small booth in a big edgy art space. Took a while for food but it was very good when ready - the tofu burger is very good and very filling.

Recommended for a quick meal, but not somewhere to go as an event: you eat in a communal work/cooking space if don't want to just take it out.

Friendly young staff who (between them) speak good English.

FM

Pros: Good food, Cheap

Best vegan food in Russia. - Edit

After reading all the great reviews for Horizontal on here we decided to book a hostel just down the road so we could come here a few times during our stay in St Petersburg. This was easily the best decision we made on our whole Russian holiday.

Over numerous visits we tried nearly every single item on the menu, including the tofu/seitan/falafel burgers and wraps, the fried rice with tofu and seitan, the potato/tofu dumplings and the falafel salad. Every single dish was incredible. The potato dumplings were a highlight for me, as my Polish grandma used to make them when I was younger, and i've been missing them since becoming vegan. These ones tasted exactly like the non-vegan ones she used to make. We also cleared them out of their desserts one night, which were these little sweet pastries, and also tried many flavours of the soy milk. They were all good, but the chocolate was the best one.

If you're in St Petersburg, you have to eat here at least once. The staff are absolutely wonderful, the food is amazing and the prices are so low that you can pig out and never have to worry about spending too much. By far the best vegan food I ate when I was in Russia.

Pros: Everything is amazing.

Vegan Burger in Loft Project - Edit

Horizontal offers, among others, vegan seitan and tofu burger. I preferred the seitan burger, the tofu burger smelled to fishy in my opinion. Cheapest burger I ever had. Really good!
Unfortunately they had no cake or sweets, or were out of them.
They offer just soy milk and some juice as drinks. But in the loft project are other bars, were you can get your drinks.

You have to enter the loft through a backyard. Horizontal is more a kitchen, than a restaurant. Easy to oversee, but its in the ground floor. They have no seats, but inside the loft are many seats possibilities available. Alternative and creative atmosphere.

Pros: cheap and awesome burgers, alternative and creative environment

Nice underground vegan fast food - Edit

Very tasty and fast, falafel and seytan burgers and rolls are delicious. Prices are low. Located in the part of the city center with not so many other vegetarian options.

No places to seat, no drinks, sometimes too much onion. Sometimes they do not follow their schedule.

punk vegan fast food - Edit

The only vegan place in the city so far. The food is good and the price is not expensive. There is not always sitting available but there's a park nearby.
Cooked with love.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 08, 2014

best falafel at st.P - Edit

I'm not the fan of falafel, but falafel of this guys is the tastiest that I eat. U can be always sure that all ingredients are vegan. They also offer salads and burgers. Taste it!
Wish u to grow up!)))

Pros: tasty, vegan, price

Great food, after having moved so many times - Edit

A small hole-in-the-wall eatery located at the local hipster mecca, Etazhi loft project. Since the space is much smaller than the previous ones these folks occupied over the last few years around the city, the menu is also shorter, at a few wraps / rolls / burgers / freshly squeezed juices (it's also in English). Judging by the seitan roll we were offered for 130 roubles they do know their way around a tasty, spicy, juicy vegan meal. No seating but plenty munching ground available nearby. Oh, and the bio / ecological market downstairs from them (on the ground floor in the yard, on the right-hand side) is quite expensive, there are probably places less pricy albeit it looks quality.

Pros: Flavours!, The place being vegan

Cons: No seats

This place makes me so happy - Edit

Wow, so last time I was in Russia my iconic memory was going to a grocery store with my best friend, and they had like 10 salads. Ham, Turkey and mayonnaise. Cheese ham and mayonnaise. Mayonnaise, mayonnaise and mayonnaise. Eight years later, there is, two blocks away from me, a delicious, cheap, open from 10 to 10 7 days a week, amazing vegan restaurant in an awesome art commune thing. My mom (not vegan) loved the food too, and commented on how fresh and delicious the lavash they use for their wraps was. I got both the tofu burger (very tasty, with a bit of a bite), and the rock and roll wrap, which had a bunch of stuff in it. Those 3, plus a juice, cos about $15. I have a feeling I'm going back every day I'm here. Man, I was SO happy to find this place. They even speak English.

(ps: a little hard to find: go in the grey building marked #74, then turn right and go into the courtyard. Go past the little stores and up the staircase and you'll find it. Tiny hole in the wall. No seating, but there's a lovely park like half a block north)

Pros: Delicous, Cheap, Vegan in Russia??!!!!

Cons: Best seating is in park half a block nor

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Horizontal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3467 times since Jul 2014.