Hong Nga

Contact 33523145

3 Han Thuyen, Hue, Vietnam,

In addition to buffet, they offer ala carte items. 7000 VND will get you a noodle plate, noodle soup, spring rolls or other rice flower preparations. Toppings include veggies, tofu, mock-meats, beans and condiments. It is located at the far eastern end of the street that starts east of the Imperial Citadel.

Category: Buffet, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by Wozza

Try Next Door - Edit

After these ladies tried to tout us as we walked past and started filling plates with rice without even ordering anything, we finally managed to establish that their prices for foreigners were 200-300% of that on their menu. Went next door instead: gorgeous people, lovely food.

Loved it, found it by accident - Edit

Amazing taste, a bit on the salty side and very mock meat heavy but I don't mind. No English tho so it was a lot of body language and pointing. and no prices for the buffet style either but I can't imagine anyone exceeding 50k dong per bowl so it's a cheap feed

Pros: cheap, tasty

Cons: a bit too salty

Good food, good value - Edit

I ordered cờm chay (vegetable rice) which in veg restaurants usually involves a varied plate. Even so I was pleased with the variety of vegetables, tofu, rolls etc. Nothing too original, just good Vietnamese veg food.

Pros: Value for money, Good food, Close to Imperial city

Cons: Hard to find without Google maps.

Heavy meal - Edit

Their buffet is pretty big, but 80%+ is mock meat, so it's all super greasy and super salty. The rice they gave me with my meal wasn't nearly enough to get down all that salt. If you're in the mood for salty/fried mock meat you might like it, but the few veggie options in the buffet are also pretty greasy, so don't expect something fresh. It tasted good, it was just way to heavy.

It's buffet style, and you just point to what you want, out of the many bowls (as pictured). The price is based on what and how much you ask for (and probably whether or not you're foreign). For me it was upwards of 60,000 dong. Not horrible, but still, 2 or 3 times what a similar meal is in other buffet style veg restaurants in Vietnam. They did tell me the price after I ordered and before I ate, however. So although the prices on the wall appear to be cheaper, I wasn't surprised or tricked into paying more after I ate, as another reviewer states.

Pros: large selection (of mock meats)

Cons: little variety, greasy/salty, expensive

Massively overcharged. - Edit

Came here after reading about it on Happy Cow, my sister and I both ordered Com Dia which is rice with a selection of mock meats and veggies, the menu (in Vietnamese and English) says this is 20,000.

When it comes to paying I go to hand over 40,000d but the waitress ignores it and shows us that it is 95,000; 45,000 for one and 50,000 for the other. They were the exact same dish. She and the owner are blatantly laughing in front of us and refuse to acknowledge that we know they are overcharging for a meal that is half the price on the menu.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant- the food was nice but they charge foreigners far too much and lie about it. I would say they are dishonest people.

Pros: Nice food , English menu

Cons: Overcharging, Unclean, Dishonest employees/owner

Great if you like mock meat - Edit

Buffet style, you're given a plate of rice and can choose what dishes you want with it. All mock meat but tasty and vegan! Owners are lovely

Pros: Lovely owners , Vegan

Cons: Mock meat heavy

cheap buffet - Edit

This place is really in one of those streets I'd rather visit by daylight. No tourists seen anywhere. They do not offer a menu and no english is spoken there, but a really nice buffet is offered. We payed 20.000 VND for one plate, beer is cheap as well. Not the cleanest place, but yummy.

Great food at a great price - Edit

Just went for lunch here. Just go to the buffet table, they will hand you a bowl of rice. I selected about 10 pieces of tofu and seitan. It was all delicious. They had tofu and seitan prepared in 10-12 different ways, and some delicious vegetables to put in your rice bowl. I think even if you stacked your bowl, it wouldn't be more than 50,000 dong. My bowl was 30,000 and we even got free tea. Best vegetarian restaurant I've found in 7 weeks in China and Vietnam. Go here...you won't be disappointed..I'm going back again.

Pros: Good selection, all vegetarian, great price

Where the monks hang out - Edit

Went on a Monday afternoon, the place looks very cheap(for locals) and was full of Buddhist monks at the time. They didn't appear to have a menu or speak much(any) English. We were given an array of small noodle dishes and mock meats and some cold tea. The food was ok, a little bland but nice enough. The restaurant appeared to be a residential house, but there is an Enlgish sign outside. We (over)paid 50,000 dong for two people. Maybe we should have agreed a price before eating?

Pros: cheaper than restaurants catering to wea, reasonably healthy

Cons: overcharge westerners, no English menu

Return to Hue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hong Nga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.