Honey's Sit n Eat - Center

( 1 review )
n/a

2101 South St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19146

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kid-friendly modern diner. Has seitan, veggie burger, salads (including with tofu). NOTE: veggie sausage is not vegan. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-10:00pm, Sun 7:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by AfafAwad

Not comfortable eating here - Edit

This restaurant for the most part is decent but for vegans be wary. There are only a few options for vegans here; basically tofu scramble, and a few other items (like breakfast burrito) that have to be modified. When I asked if the veggie sausage was vegan, the waiter was quick to say, "Oh, we don't have that many vegan options here". Mmkay...first off, I only need to eat one meal and tofu scramble is a great option, but thanks for pointless input; and two, that wasn't my question. Eventually I got my question answered, the veggie sausage is NOT vegan. Fine, I can do with scramble without it, no problem! The part that worried me the most, is one, the waiter didn't seem to understand what vegan means and she seemed generally annoyed with my vegan questions (mind you, it was only two questions), so it was troubling that she was taking care of my meal. The second thing is seemed like they cook everything on the same stove top, cross contamination. My meal tasted like it had residual butter or animal fat on my veggies. I didn't ask so I cannot confirm this, just my suspicion. All in all, this place is not the worst, but I wouldn't come back unless I was outnumbered by my carnivorous friends.

Pros: Great tofu scramble

Cons: Not vegan friendly. More like vegan tolerant.

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Honey's Sit n Eat - Center closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.