Hometown Sports Grill

613-733-0808

1525 Bank St, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 7Z1

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar & grill but with added vegan menu, which includes: vegan burger, burrito, tacos, pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, cauliflower wings, falafel wrap, and even a chocolate mousse cake. Booths & banquettes and sporting events on numerous TVs. Open Mon-Wed 7:00am-12:00am, Thu-Fri 7:00am-2:00am, Sat 8:00am-2:00am, Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by MarkCayer

An unexpected pleasure - Edit

It was an unexpected pleasure to discover that one of my favorite sports bar and grill locations was going to add a Vegan menu.
Turns out the owners family had recently, thru one of the sons, discovered the benefits of a vegan diet and announced the plan to add vegan options which I have found to be truly unusual in this type of establishment.

After a few months of anxiously watching the menus the vegan menu is finally here and it certainly does not disappoint. A number of selections that many members of the Ottawa vegetarian society have been raving about.
I personally have tried a few items from the menu so far and they are truly delicious which will keep me coming back for more.

My wife admitted she could not believe that the Vegan burger was vegan. The homemade sauce was incredible and as for the Chocolate Mousse cake ... well ... it's just downright addictive!!

It is just such a treasure to have an establishment that I can go to with any of my friends where we can all eat what we want and enjoy one another's company.

I would be rating this establishment a full 5 stars if the Happy Cow would let me.

Updated from previous review on 2018-02-13

Pros: Excellent food and lots of free parking, very friendly and attentive staff, Owner often on site & open to comments/suggestions

Cons: Sports bar so sometimes a bit noisy

Good variety - Edit

Happy to have found this new place!
Sports bar who has a special vegan menu!
We shared the cauliflour wings, that was delicious!
I had the chickpea taco and my husband had the vegan burger and fries! We will definitly go again!

Very happy vegan customer - Edit

My co-worker mentioned that this restaurant added a vegan menu. When I went on their website to see the menu I was happily surprised with all the options.

My husband and I, both vegans, went to this restaurant for dinner yesterday. I had the cauliflower wings...AMAZING!!! And, my husband had the lasagna...very good as well. We had to try the vegan chocolate mousse cake...YUM!!!

Overall experience was very good...our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the vegan menu.

Looking forward to going back with my non-vegan friends!

If you're vegan, you must go to this restaurant!!

Pros: Excellent vegan food , Friendly staff, Clean & spacious

Return to Ottawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hometown Sports Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.