Homegrown Smokehouse and Deli

971-330-0324

1628 SW Jefferson St, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97201

Its first brick-and-mortar location, opened Nov 2015. Specializes in vegan barbecue and American comfort food like faux deli meat subs and mac n cheese. Also operates a food cart at the Mississippi Marketplace. Located in the same building as Vtopia Restaurant & Cheese Shop. Open Wed-Sat 12:00pm-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Lacto, American, Take-out

First Review by NotSprinkles

I mean it's too perfect - Edit

Words cannot describe how incredibly delicious this BBQ is. I'm a huge fan of their Carolina Chikn Sandwich, but that's not saying much because I will devour every item on this menu.
Not to mention at the deli you can get sliced schmeats and delicious potato salad to make your lunch for the week that much better.
If I didn't live in Oregon I'd still make a special effort to go to this place often.
And to top it all of I love the people who work here and the cart, they're so damn nice!

Pros: It's perfect

Cons: Absolutely nothing

Delicious veg BBQ - Edit

Glad I made the effort to make this my first veg stop in Portland. Excellent veg BBQ, really pleased with it. Will go back if I am in Portland again.

Pros: Food

Amazing atmosphere - Edit

This was one of the best vegan restaurants that I have ever been to. The food was delicious and in large portions. Plus, it was fairly priced; only $8 for a massive Swiss melt? So fantastic. And the best of all was the staff. They were crazy friendly, and they gave great advice for buying food in bulk and for other restaurants around town. Not to mention them delving out free samples and fun stories. Overall I loved this place, and so did my six person party. I highly recommend this place for everyone who enjoys cheap food, happy staff, and fond memories.

Pros: Everything is vegan, BBQ was great, price was chea

Cons: Small space

A great first-time all-vegan restaurant experience - Edit

It was my and my sister's first time getting to eat at an all-vegan restaurant and it was amazing!
The food is so good and the service was friendly.

I would highly recommend stopping here whenever you're in the PDX area.

Great BBQ - Edit

My husband and I visited this weekend wonderful little establishment. I had the BBQ sandwich with a side of macnocheese and my husband had the chicken sandwich. Everything was delicious and you'd never know it was vegan. We'll be back.

Pros: delicious, friendly service

Cons: small , limited menu

Very yummy! - Edit

What a pleasant experience. It's behind the alley next to vtopia. Food was very good, filling, and reasonably priced.
The mac-nocheese was a must-have.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Quick service

Cons: Have to wall through vtopia to get to restroom, n

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Homegrown Smokehouse and Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.