Homefood - Truc Khe

Contact 0944-684027

19 Truc Khe, Dong Da (at Lang Ha), Hanoi, Vietnam,

Vegetarian restaurant. Lunch is Vietnamese style. In the evening a western a la carte menu. Offers a new moon buffet that's all you can eat. Some items contain dairy and cheese, so vegans should ask.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by veganvirtues

So so - Edit

The food was quite good but the staff made us confused. We came in at 8pm the kitchen staff told us to go upstairs then the upstairs staff said they were not taking more orders. Instead of explaining to customers they went downstairs just to ask who told us to go upstairs. We finally could make orders but they forgot 1 out of 3 dishes which made my friend who was starving really angry. Expected more than this

Pros: Good food, Great design

Cons: Bad service

Food okay, but service a disappointment - Edit

Went here for a late lunch - I was the only customer.

Staff speak very little English (but, that shouldn't be a problem).

Was unable to get the server to come to the table to take my order. I ended up going over to him.

Ordered a tofu dish with rice which was okay, if not a little on the small side.

Had the same problem when coming to pay - could not get the server to come over to me. After about five minutes I had to approach him.

Cons: Staff!

Great place with lots of natural light - Edit

I really liked this restaurant. I ordered the fried vermicelli, which was really nice. The space is cozy and beautiful, with plenty of natural light. Staff members speak limited English though so keep that in mind.

Pros: food , friendly staff, environment

Home Food 19 Truc Khe Street - Edit

We tried this newly opened Home Food Bistro 10/01 was buffet day. The selection was great, spring rolls both raw and fried, different salads lettuce greens and noodle salads, sushis, steamed corn and sweet potatoes, hot dishes they had vegetable and mushroom soup. Freshly made rolls both brown and rye, brown rice a +. Pizzas available, desserts were on offer skipped them.
Buffet is held twice a month 135.000d
They do have a la carte in the evenings.
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 10, 2016

Pros: manager Hoang and staff speak good Engli, decor and atmosphere great

Cons: cheeses are NOT vegan

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Homefood - Truc Khe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.