Home

• Vegetarian
Contact n/a

Avenida 7 (at besides Buddha Bar), San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala,

Vegetarian restaurant. Offers a daily set lunch and has smoothies, coffee, herbal tea, wraps, tempeh, and breakfast food. Peaceful ambiance with garden area with hammocks.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar

First Review by Happycow36

Moved! New Locatin. - Edit

This resturant has moved and joined with my other fave 5th Dimention. Take a right after the boat dock, pass Hotel Fe and there up on the left with a nice balcony. Most everything is still on the menu and added to what 5th Dimention already had. Wierd hours though.

Pros: Vegan and vegetarian options., Nice view of the lake., Two restuarants merged into one, it seems.

Cons: Kind of hard to find., Odd hours.

Relaxing! - Edit

It is quite expensive for San Pedro standards, but normal for European standards. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend just coming here for dessert - the food was nice, but not the best in San Pedro - that said, I only tried one dish, so I can't really judge.

Pros: Vegan desserts!!!, Really relaxing atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Nice, higher end (for San Pedro) - Edit

Beautiful spot in a garden, with a nice menu focusing on healthy, fresh, organic, veg. They had soy/almond options for drinks, most stuff is/can be made vegan - ranging from breakfast to sandwiches, to dinner. Had tofu as well.

Great vegan deserts - Mango Cinnamon pie that was delicious. Peanut butter bars, cookies and more.

It's pretty pricey for San Pedro, but still very affordable by US or European standards.

Best Vegetarian Breakfast in San Pedro - Edit

Cafe Home is the best option for a vegetarian breakfast in San Pedro. The whole-wheat, sesame, flax and pumpkin seed pancakes are a delicious treat and can be made vegan. They also have a sensitive tummy menu that is great for anyone with a case of travelers stomach. Seating is all outdoors in a lovely garden. After my first breakfast here, we went back every day that we were in San Pedro.

Pros: Best Pancakes in Central America, Sensitive Tummy Menu, Vegan Options

Unbelievable to find a mostly vegan place here... - Edit

This is a small outdoor restaurant that serves breakfasts and set lunches. The food is wholesome and made fresh. Nearly all vegan (some dairy - goat cheese & kefir - is available). Beautiful garden with hammocks, etc. that appears to be a hangout/refuge for wanderers and seekers. The open journals that circulate around the tables are a neat feature of the place. Only open for breakfast and lunch. Not that easy to find, but the village is pretty small as well. The owner is Irish/Australian who has settled in San Pedro.

Great place in San Pedro - Edit

I've eaten at the restaurants on either side of Home (Clover and the Buddha Bar) but didn't even realize this place was here until a guest suggested we go here (I have a vegan guest house on Lake Atitlan).

The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. Their herb flavored rosa de jamaica is some of the best I've ever had.

Home offers daily lunch specials. The day we were there, the specials were hummus on bread with salad and a veggie chili with garlic mashed potatoes. To my delight, both were vegan.

I opted for the chili, which was outstanding. My dining companions had the hummus plus a salad with goat cheese. Everyone was happy with their meal.

I tried one of the gluten free, vegan cookies. The flavor was nice, but it was too dry and crumbly for my taste.

Overall, a great experience.

Pros: Excelllent food, Nice vibe, friendly staff

delicious home cooked feasts - Edit

love this place, tastiest salads ever, amazing homemade tempeh, wholesome feasts served, fresh herbal teas and great coffee. Delicious vegan deserts too. Almost everything is vegan, fresh and full of flavour

Pros: great staff, chilled vibe, yummy yummy

Cons: u'll never leave!

Home Cafe & Tea House San Pedro - Edit

We loved this place. Great food, atmosphere, music and people.

I believe it's the only Vegetarian restaurant in San Pedro and the food was really delicious - they have quite a few vegan options too.
The staff were really friendly and attentive and let us hang out all afternoon in the really cute garden they have - I didn't wanna move form the hammock!

They were open for breakfast and lunches when we were there - usually closing in the latter part of the afternoon.
They have nice things for dessert - including gluten-free and vegan options - with a good selection of teas and organic coffee.

It can be tricky to find if you come off the boat from the Panajachel dock. You need to go through some little alleyways. It's beside Buddha Bar which if you ask anyone they'll be able to direct you

Pros: Vegan food, Garden, Great vibe

Cons: Not open at night

Return to San Pedro La Laguna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Home closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1128 times since May 2012.