Home Restaurant

Contact +44-2890234946

22 Wellington Place, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 6GE

Serves meat, vegan options available. Western style food with international influence. Has separate vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free menus. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Catering, European, Non-veg

First Review by HayleyKarenWhitley

Separate (and delicious) vegan menu - Edit

Home is one of the few restaurants in Belfast that has a separate, all-vegan menu. It's not large, but it does seem to change with the seasons. Over several visits, we had everything from minestrone soup to hummus and veggies to quinoa salad to eggplant curry to salt and chili fried tofu, all delicious (a side of fries is also a must). Once they brought out my soup with a non-vegan parmesan cheese topping, but the manager immediately noticed and quickly rectified the problem. We always experienced excellent service.

Judging by the nearly constant busy-ness of the restaurant (reservations definitely recommended for dinners and weekends), many people have figured out that Home is a good place to bring veg*ns and omnivores alike for really good food and service. We even had a few celebrity sightings during meals there!

Pros: Dedicated vegan menu, Delicious food, Great service

Cons: Can get crowded - book in advance

Great Food - Edit

Home food is delicious and they offer perhaps the best dedicated vegetarian and vegan menus in Northern Ireland. Definitely some of the best food I've ever had. So far I've tried their Salads, Sweet/Potato Fries, Salt n Chilli Tofu, Aubergine Coconut and Lentil Dahl, Aubergine/Roast Pepper and Feta Slices and Breads. I'll not be happy however until I've worked my way through everything on their veggie menus! Great food.

tasty, friendly and reasonable prices - Edit

It's about time Belfast has some proper vegan options! These guys have a separate vegetarian AND vegan menu.
I got the salted chilli tofu pieces with sweet potato fries and it was very good.
The prices are reasonable as you can choose a starter portion or main. I got the starter and It was quite substantial for me.
Nice decor too and the staff were helpful and friendly. Convenient city centre location.

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Home Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1390 times since Mar 2015.