Contact 0867727171

Exchange Street Upper, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland, Dublin 2

A vegan community cafe run by vegans with catering experience, held at Dublin Exchange. Hosts occasional live performances, workshops, and vegan-related talks. Many organic, gluten free, and raw food dishes. No alcohol. APR 2014 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED. Open .

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Take-out, Irish

First Review by vegginut

Homely - Edit

Went to Home twice, its a small buffet, where an amount of money raised to donated to charities like Vegan Ireland. The food is ok, large portions, but requires improvement in flavours, I think I remember the nut loaf to be very salty and not to my taste. They have salads, desserts, soups, main meal different on different days. They are in the location twice/trice a week. This is not a restaurant setup, there are a few tables and chairs. It is not bad for a social gathering.

Pros: Homely, Large portions, Social

Cons: Not obvious to find

Delicious food, freindly atmosphere - Edit

Home is superb and a visit is recommended. As soon as I walked in I felt very good here - atmosphere is warm and welcoming. An excellent vegan eatery to just hangout in, eat, drink tea, and chat to whoever and however. I really enjoyed this space. Most importantly the food was delicious too (healthy raw salads and some sort of nut loaf), and cooked by the girl serving it who was extremely friendly and helpful. Good quality and very very inexpensive. This is the kind of place I love to find when I'm travelling through a city. Shame it has limited opening hours but I was lucky enough that it was open during my short stay in Dublin.

Pros: Good friendly atmosphere, Good food, Excellent price

Cons: Limited opening hours

My Home Visit - Edit

I am a big foodie who likes to have healthy food that tastes delicious. As my sister says about her cleaner 'he is the only person who does a better job than me'. This is how I feel about Home Café. I consider myself a pretty good cook, but I would like to be a fly on the wall in this kitchen so I could steal their recipes. I have been there 3 times & each time they have had an amazing Nutloaf. They have other options like Scrambled tofu & different Stews, but I can't help myself with the Nutloaf. They do a couple of salads each week & they are to die for: simple, tasty & healthy. There are cakes & breakfast buns which are all sugar free & really good. The cheerful tableclothes, friendly staff & nice open space all lend to a very fulfilling afternoon. This is where I'll be spending my Saturdays for the next while. Oh & did I mention the prices? I don't know how they can afford to provide such good food for such a good price but I paid 6 euros for a slice of nutloaf with 2 salads & a piece of plum cake & rooibos tea. I always want to give a little more because I've had such a good time.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, pleasant space

Cons: not a lot of people know about it , fruit salad sometimes looks lifeless

RuutsandShuuts HI Betty, thanks for the support and review. We are glad you appreciate the quality and value in our vegan menu. When you say our fruit salad is looking lifeless we want to address that by explaining that we love fruit, we want people to eat much more. We use both ripe organic fruits and conventional grown fruits in our salads.We find they are a hit with young children too.We are changing how we present and display our fruit salad from now on. We want it to look as good as it tastes and feels. You may notice the difference ,please try it and see for yourself? Thanks again for your honest review, supporting us in offering the best we can.

HOME is a real find - Edit

I visited HOME recently and felt at home the moment I entered. The cafe is inside Exchange Dublin an arts and social space just off Parliament street at Temple Bar.I was greeted by friendly workers ,talked through the menu and introduced to some of the regular cafe crowd.I had a main dish of ragout and rice with three salads( mushroom,apple and celery in a yogurt mayonnaise, white cabbage spaghetti with tomato and olives and mixed pepper and quinoa) the main was rich tasting but light,I was delighted to hear they use organic brown rice. The salads where fresh and alive tasting.I was surprised by the cabbage and olives it was delicious.I had a sugar free carrot cake with coconut frosting( made with organic flour and fruits)it rocked.I got all this for just under €10! I was able to chill out with a drink later in a quite spot and read some info on vegan food they had available Looking around everyone seemed to be having a good time.I'll be going HOME again soon for sure.

Pros: affordable,tasty,creative dishes, friendly,relaxed, vaule

Cons: only openTuesday

Best Value Vegan Food in Dublin - Edit

I dined in Ruuts and Shuuts "HOME" cafe for the first time this evening and was highly impressed. Simple, hearty and not to mention cheap, their all-vegan, gluten and sugar free menu consisting of two mains, rice and salad hit the spot for me, and at a mere 6 euro, I will be returning again and again. Delicious food combined with great, like-minded company and a uniquely laid back and welcoming atmosphere make this the perfect way to spend a Tuesday evening. I would highly recommend HOME for anyone, vegans and veggies, looking for a go-to spot in Dublin City Centre.

Pros: Excellent Value, Nice staff, Healthy food/sizeable portions

Cons: limited options

Return to Dublin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: HOME closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3841 times since Jul 2013.