Holyfood Delight

• Vegetarian
Contact +386-41323719

Igriška ulica 5 (at next to Faculty of Arts), Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1000

Hare Krishna affiliated vegetarian fast food restaurant near Slovenska. Menu includes a daily meal (usually vegan), pizzas, sandwiches with seitan or tofu and vegetables, burek (pastry with cottage cheese), pancakes, and Indian desserts. Confirmed open Oct 2012.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by rubberbandball

Okay but crowded - Edit

Holyfood had a great idea and I believe all their food in excellent, but since it is so close to the FF there are always so many students who want to eat there, because they have their student discount and get their food for crazy cheap. Whenever I walked by, the restaurant was packed with people waiting in line and it kinda bothered me, because I never wanted to walk in there and wait for them to make me a vegan pizza.
I used to go and get some pizza while I was still vegetarian, and it was okay, nothing special. It was really thin and had little bits of vegetables on it. Later I also tried some of the sandwitches, which are vegan, but I think they're not prepared in the shop, they're from somewhere else. But I can't say that they weren't good, they were quite delicious.
The fast food restaurant would surely be a hundred times better if there wasn't such a crowd of hungry students all the time.

Pros: Fast , cheap

Cons: Crowded

Holyfood - Edit

They have a vegan lunch every day. I tried vegan pizza, but I was dissapointed- they baked it tight together with regular ones, so a lot of cheese melted into mine and i could taste it. On vegan pizza they put olives, peppers and so on, but the taste is nothing special. Vegan sandwiches are good and tasty, they have it with vegeburger, seitan or tofu.

Pros: Good vegan sandwiches

Cons: Not a lot of vegan options

Different - Edit

When we stepped inside, we weren't sure we were going to stay, because it looked like there were only pizzas available. Luckily, we asked! There was a whole hot lunch option available too! Food was very tasty. The woman told us that if we were still hungry, all we had to do was ask and she would give us more. Great for vegetarians, of course -- it's nice to find places like this in a country where vegetarianism is such a foreign concept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you!

Better fast food than others - Edit

If you don`t have time for a proper lunch it is a good option. The pizzas are good and their halvas are really good. They also have a cooked lunch option.
Still it is fast food and pizzas arent really healthy.

expected a lot more - Edit

While I understand the concept of student-geared fast food, I expected a lot more; namely more, better and fresher food choices, bigger portions, friendlier, faster and more involved staff with better attitude, environmentally friendly packaging, a more comfortable interior and a more reasonable price. I will most likely not be coming back unless I hear the place has changed.

Pros: location, concept

Cons: food taste, appearance, portion size, staff slowness, unfriendliness, plastic, one-use packaging; high pric

Return to Ljubljana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Holyfood Delight closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2544 times since Feb 2009.