CLOSED: Holy Soup - Karl-Liebknecht-Str

0341-2369307

Zschochersche Str. 33a, Leipzig, Germany, 04229

Soup bar offering a weekly changing range of seven different soups of which 3 or 4 are vegan, clearly marked as such. A soup costs between 2-5 Euros including as much bread as you like. JUNE 2014 REPORTED SHUT.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Take-out, German

First Review by celeste

Big portions, tasty, too much incense - Edit

Vegan options are clearly marked on the menu, so that's a big plus. However, I was almost knocked over by the amount of incense burning when I went inside. If you don't like incense, this is a bad place for you.

The food was really filling. I had a large bowl of lentil soup (comes with bread) and a cola for 7,5€ and I hardly managed to finish all of it.

Service is quick, since all they have to do is slice some bread and then spoon the soup into your bowl. I am not sure if they offer take-away, but the food and price are both good.

Pros: All-veg, Large portions

Cons: Too much incense

soupalicious - Edit

really nice selection of soups (though lately it has become a bit samey). love the fact they are all vegetarian (though really liked it when more of them had meat substitutes in them like tofu sausages or soy mince meat)
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 24, 2012

Pros: good food, kid friendly, friendly staff

Cons: bit samey

Wonderful soups! - Edit

If you love soup (and I LOVE soup!!) Then this place is great! Yes,they only have soup and a few small desserts,bread and some drink selections. Still,if you're going to only make one thing,you should be able to do it well,and Holy Soup does soup well! They make it clear which are vegetarian and which are vegan,the staff is warm,funny and helpful,and the soups are wonderful. I was about 6 weeks pregnant and was hungry ALL OF THE TIME and their soup satisfied me. Their bread is quite wonderful as well. I wish we had a place like this in Copenhagen.

Pros: Really tasty soup, wonderful staff, simple and inexpensive

Cons: "only" soup, could use more vegan desserts, small restaurant

Return to Leipzig Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Holy Soup - Karl-Liebknecht-Str closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.