Holey Moley Coffee and Doughnuts

• Bakery
Contact 414-308-1616

316 N Milwaukee St, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 53202

Opened Jul 2014, this doughnut shop makes a few marked vegan doughnut flavors every day and has demand to make more from the locals. Could pre-ordered online to get a dozen's discount.

First Review by RamblingVegans

really good doughnuts - Edit

If you are vegan, they usually have 3 flavors for you, but if you go on Saturday they call it "vegan Saturday" and have a long list of flavors. We got there kind of late but were still able to get 4 different kinds. They were fantastic. Hopefully we can get there when they open on Saturday in the future.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 13, 2015
I recently got a doughnut at Miller Park during a baseball game, which I think is awesome that it is even an option, but unfortunately it tasted like deep fryer.
I don't get to Holey Moley very often because of the hours and my schedule, but it's really unfortunate when you get a bad one that doesn't encourage you to go back for a time.

Pros: good selection

Cons: run out early

come for the donuts!!!! - Edit

Since going vegan 2 years ago I have not found a place with vegan donuts--until today! They had four friendly options today-I've tried 3 so far and I have to say they were perfect. I liked the vanilla glazed chocolate cake and the blood orange better than the cinnamon sugar but all are great. I still have to try the raspberry but I'm full so it will have to wait. ;)
The coffee is nothing spectacular, but they have organic soy milk so I'm happy for that.
I'd come back for the donuts!!!

Amazing donuts!! - Edit

While it has become fairly easy to find a vegan cookie or cupcake, donuts were a little harder to come by...until now!! This place is awesome, they always have at least a few vegan flavors, and more on Saturdays; they seem to be experimenting with different flavors, so new ones keep getting added! Most are cake, which are dense and delicious, but last weekend there was also a raised yeast maple pecan!! It was great. The chocolate cake vegan one is my favorite so far, but really every one that I've tried has been excellent. They are also really open to comments and feedback, I am currently lobbying for a vegan pumpkin donut. Go here for amazing vegan donuts!!!

Terrific Doughnuts! - Edit

They make really fantastic vegan cake doughnuts in a variety of flavors, usually two or more flavors every day. Some of their vegan flavors are blood orange, salted peanut butter, raspberry, and coconut. We've tried the blood orange & salted peanut butter and both were delicious! They have online pre-ordering available if you're ordering by the dozen & you get 15% off if you go that route. Very friendly people, located in one of the old buildings in the third ward.

Pros: Delicious Food, Reasonable prices, Friendly Staff

Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Holey Moley Coffee and Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 909 times since Aug 2014.