Hoi Banh My Chay - Food Stall

n/a

corner of Nguyen Hue and Phan Chau Trinh, Hoi An, Vietnam,

A small stall that offers vegan bread (banh mi chay) and soy milk. On full moon days (the 1st and 15th of the month) vegan pho (noodle soup) is also offered. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-10:00am.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by KPike

Delicious (gnon) - Edit

A whole stand dedicated to vegan bahn mi 😍 no worries of cross contamination 😍 and its soooo delicious. Only open for breakfast, what a way to start the day!

best banhmi! made my day! - Edit

Easy to find on my map. The woman was really friendly also sells sweet homemade soy milk. The banh mi was delicious even my meat eater friends loved it! And only 10 000! Could not recommend highly enough!

Pros: all vegan. , cheap

Best vegan sandwich - Edit

Small stall open in the early morning . You can buy vegan baguette sandwiches for 10000 and they are amazing .

Pros: Cheap , Tasty

Absolutely yummy - Edit

Best baguette in the south east Asia!

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Fresh and light

10,000 Dong - Edit

These food stall was easy to find and served delicious bahn mi for only 10,000 dong! It was stuffed full and fixed my hangover in a jiffy - but I'd recommend it any day for breakfast. 2 Thumbs Up!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious

Cons: No Seating

Delicious banh mi made fresh - Edit

Delicious, fresh and well priced banh mi at very reasonable price. Very good blend of ingredients and the fresh crusty baguettes, which are a specialty of Hoi An are a highlight. The ingredients include a flavourful black fungus mushroom mix and crushed peanuts add another crunch and tasty inclusion. Very quick service, it is also frequented also by local Hoi An monks.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-18

Pros: Delicious vegan banh mi, Quick service, Excellent value

amazing vegan banh mi in Hoi An - Edit

Totally worth the trip - on the corner near the other famous banh mi shop - but this one is 100% vegan vegetarian sandwiches. Our guide from karma waters recommended us - owners are vegan chay too! Get there early 6am to 10am = perfect for taking to an bang beach for a vegan lunch! Ask for spicy!!

Great! - Edit

Compared to another Bahn My place in Hue, this is not as good. BUT, it is vegan and therefore it is good to me : ) You can get a black coffee in the store behind for 15,000 vnd and eat there. But people were smoking a lot, so better get it to go. Definitely recommend for a cheap breakfast option. Lady is friendly! Will give 5 stars because it's the only vegan Bahn My place that I know of in Hoi An.. just know that you can get a more delicious one elsewhere : )

Fast and good - Edit

Easy and tasty vegan take away traditional Hoi An filled bread. Very friendly owner family. Prices are very reasonable. We will come back. Greetings from Berlin.

Pros: vegetarian, price, friendly

Cons: none, none , none

Delicious and addictive! - Edit

Now living in Hoi An for 4 months, I have been searching for local eats and treats. My landlord (Vietnamese) took me for a local coffee and Banh My. My goodness, I go back everyday now. Simple, tasty, super cheap but be warned...they are addictive!

Pros: excellent food, super cheap, friendly staff

Can't go wrong! - Edit

All-round great vegetarian banh mi! Easily the best I've had in Vietnam. I asked for a bit extra coriander and pickled radish which was great. The woman running the stall was lovely and it also cost only 10000 VND for a roll, so probably the cheapest food you'll find in Hoi An.

Delicious! - Edit

Just walked away munching on the best Bahn Mi I've had in Vietnam. The peanuts are a particularly good addition, and the woman making them was super sweet and friendly. Don't miss it! I just wish it was open later so that I could have more than one in a day!

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

Cons: Not open all day

Delicious - Edit

Best veg*n banh mi we've had so far: warm, crunchy, creative mix of flavours and textures.

Pros: delicious , inexpensive , no mock meat

Cons: closes at 10am

Love it - Edit

Just recommended, and must find out to try it as soon as I arrived Hoi An
It 's more delicous than i thought, really love it, price is very reasonable, just 10.000 VN dong for 1 unit, me really surprised
You should try it too

Amazing !! - Edit

I love this sandwich, the food is so good ! I really recomend this place
It's delicious and very cheap
I have buy the sandwich many times

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

Sehr lecker - Edit

Ich hatte schon in Ho Chi Minh City diese gefüllte Brötchen, war jedoch nicht sehr erpicht ein zweites zu essen. Ganz anders hier, so lecker, dass ich gleich drei hintereinander zum Frühstück verzehrt habe.

Pros: Nicht trocken, Günstig

Cons: Wenn weg, dann weg, Der Eintrag auf der Karte stimmt nicht

Delicious vegetarian Banh Mi (Vietnamese rolls) - Edit

The crunchy rolls from the ovens 200m are before your eyes filled with a delicious mix of tofu, mushroom mixture, cucumber, coriander, nuts, yellow bean, and a chili jam if you want it - delicious! And for a mere 10,000 dong. Highly recommended by a long term resident vegetarian.

Pros: Taste, Healthiness, Price

Cons: Sometimes all gone by 8:30am

My favourite! - Edit

This stall was a little tricky to find but we managed to find it on our last day! The stall was situated on the corner of Phan Chau Trinh and Nguyen Hue. The chilli jam and peanuts were super tasty and I'd highly recommend! When we arrived the lady was purchasing snacks from a walking street vendor. She gave us some to try so we ended up buying some ourselves! The snacks were sugared ginger peanuts and chilli fried popcorn. Great snacks!

Return to Hoi An Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hoi Banh My Chay - Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.