Hodges Coffee House and Restaurant

Contact 0118805010

The Colony Shopping Centre, Craighall Park, Johannesburg, South Africa,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan food. Vegan dishes are cooked and prepared separately from meat. On the menu is a house-made vegan burger served with hummus, tramezzini with roasted vegetables; a marinated tofu and greens salad; and a vegan BLT. Makes its own vegan bacon and sausage. Wheat-free options include granola with fruit and soy milk. Drinks can be served with soy milk. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Veganoms

Solid Breakfast and Amazing Service - Edit

My husband and I went here for the first time and really enjoyed the breakfast. They don't have a great amount of vegan breakfast options but it was still good food. We both ordered the grilled mushrooms on toast. He had his with hash browns and vegetarian bacon and I had mine with hash browns and vegetarian sausage. The veg bacon appeared to be a thinly sliced seitan with BBQ flavors; we both really liked it, and the sausage was perhaps a seitan and bean sausage? It was tasty as well. They do have soy milk for the coffee drinks as well, which is a bonus. Our server Simon was exceptional and made the experience at Hodges that much better. We will definitely return.

Pros: Amazing service, Good breakfast options, Nice atmosphere

Return to Johannesburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hodges Coffee House and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.