Hodges Coffee House and Restaurant

Contact 0118805010

The Colony Shopping Centre, Craighall Park, Johannesburg, South Africa,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan food. Vegan dishes are cooked and prepared separately from meat. On the menu is a house-made vegan burger served with hummus, tramezzini with roasted vegetables; a marinated tofu and greens salad; and a vegan BLT. Makes its own vegan bacon and sausage. Wheat-free options include granola with fruit and soy milk. Drinks can be served with soy milk. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Veganoms

Solid Breakfast and Amazing Service - Edit

My husband and I went here for the first time and really enjoyed the breakfast. They don't have a great amount of vegan breakfast options but it was still good food. We both ordered the grilled mushrooms on toast. He had his with hash browns and vegetarian bacon and I had mine with hash browns and vegetarian sausage. The veg bacon appeared to be a thinly sliced seitan with BBQ flavors; we both really liked it, and the sausage was perhaps a seitan and bean sausage? It was tasty as well. They do have soy milk for the coffee drinks as well, which is a bonus. Our server Simon was exceptional and made the experience at Hodges that much better. We will definitely return.

Pros: Amazing service, Good breakfast options, Nice atmosphere

Return to Johannesburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hodges Coffee House and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 699 times since Oct 2014.