CLOSED: HOBO Coffee Shack

( 1 review )

2617 Jenkintown Rd, Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA, 19038

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegan pancakes. Location is by the Ardsley train station. Under new ownership, Sep 2017 - please send updates re: vegan options. Reported closed, Sep 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Jamie Roberts

I've been working on the railroad (restaurant food) - Edit

The appeal of HOBO Coffee Shack for me was the promise of plentiful vegan offerings and I went out of my way to visit (I live about 25 minutes away). It was a trip well worth making and I'll make it again soon. The vegan buffalo chicken stromboli is amazing! I'm not a Daiya fan, so I ordered it without, but asked the cook to add mushrooms. It was incredibly - puffy crust, great sauce and well-made seitan chicken. This restaurant is family owned and very friendly and eager-to-please customers. It's also on the train tracks, thus the name. I enjoyed the trains as they passed, but my friend had to put her hands over her ears whenever the whistles blew. Next time, I'm trying the vegan breakfast options, which are offered all day. Looking forward to that time.

Pros: Many delicious options, Exceptionally nice staff, Free parking

Cons: On the train tracks/loud train whistles

Return to Glenside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: HOBO Coffee Shack closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.