HLS Juice Bar and Grill

Contact 973-763-1127

1859 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, New Jersey, USA, 07040

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a vegetarian section on menu with sandwiches, soups, salads, and extensive juice and drinks menu. Casual and colorful decor. Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm

Category: American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Ethan

Let Me Down - Edit

Upon arriving, I noticed the music was extremely loud. The first menu item I ordered, they discontinued. I ordered a wrap. They took forever to make it and while in the process, the cooks burned something, which set off the fire alarm and I had to wait for my food with it going off until the fire department showed up to turn it off. They came to tell me once that they had run out of of the mock meat in my wrap, so I asked for mock chicken instead and another time to tell me they didn't have the sauce, so I got a Thai dressing after declining the BBQ sauce because I didn't enjoy it. After waiting for 10 minutes, I ended up getting the wrap which came with BBQ sauce and a Multigrain wrap, when I had asked for tomato basil.

The only good thing is that their juices are very cheap.

Needles to say, I'm never stepping foot in that place again.

Wonderful experience - Edit

Came here with my father and while he enjoyed a decent sized portion of chicken salad, I had a delicious thai soy chicken wrap! The guys working here are very nice, the options for meat eaters and vegetarians alike are awesome, and the smoothies are also delicious - will definitely bring back my vegetarian and non-vegetarian friends for a healthy lunch or dinner :)

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Good value

Delicious Fake-Meat - Vegan/Veg options - Edit

Maybe 7 options of vegetarian wraps, all can be made vegan I believe. Some veggie salads, rice bowls, and good fake chicken nuggets as well, Along with an array of healthy juices and smoothies. Check it out!!

Pros: Fake meat was delicious, Not too pricey , Multiple options

Cons: Fake meat can be dry

Hit or Miss - Edit

The first time I went here I loved it, but two times afterwards I got food that was lousy -- kinda funky tasting (maybe the vegan stuff imitated meat too much? I can't pinpoint it, but I wasn't pleased). Sometimes they play music too loud and you can't enjoy the place.

The vegan cupcakes were delicious.

Pros: Nice artwork, Friendly, Fast service

Cons: Food is hit or miss, Too loud

Great New Addition to the Neighborhood - Edit

We stopped in to this great, fresh, new spot on Springfield Avenue in Maplewood and were very pleasantly surprised. They have a great juice selection and there are lots of vegetarian-friendly options. There are even vegan dessert options. I just wish they would drop the dead animal flesh from the menu, but baby-steps. I'm glad there's another place in town that isn't a pizzeria, Chinese food restaurant, or Pub/Grill.

Pros: Healthy food, Great space

Cons: slow staff, meat on menu

Return to Maplewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has HLS Juice Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1662 times since Sep 2009.