Hippie

571-6757154

Calle 56 4A-15, Bogota, Colombia

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes labeled vegan and vegetarian choices. Avoids the use of salt and sugar, and the fruits and vegetables are mostly organic. Hosts yoga, art exhibits, book swapping and workshops. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Colombian, Non-veg

First Review by paulasilvacoachef

dubious value - Edit

While there appear to be some good tables, we were on one down in a very dark corner. Here's a tip for restaurant décor: don't paint the wall black in the corner that has little natural light.
There is plenty of stuff on the menu for vegetarians and vegans. I had a burger, which was okay but tiny, my partner had the wholegrain rice which was undercooked. The infused water had a weird flavour.
Lots of little things about this place were annoying. They brought out a complimentary salad while we were waiting for our orders; nothing wrong with that as such, but if a diner has already said he is vegan, don't bring out a salad with cheese and plonk it in front of him as if you are doing him some grand favour. The rice dish we had was served on a cutting board; yeah, I get trendy presentations but rice on a board is ridiculous. When I ordered the vegan option on the burger the waiter tried to upsell me to the gluten-free bun. "Right, I'll make that gluten-free for you." (extra 4000 pesos). Uhh, no, the gluten-free option was clear on the menu and if I wanted it I would have asked.
For the prices they charge I expected a bit more genuine professionalism, not try-hard-wannabeism.

Pros: location, vegan dishes clearly marked

Cons: silly decor with quotes apropos of nothing, not very good value, bit pants overall

Pure Food - Edit

Great food, music and all the concept! The bread place is dellicuos!

Pros: Ambient, The neighbourhood, Food

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hippie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.