CLOSED: Hip Town Grill

Contact 609-714-8822

13 Jackson Rd (at Dixontown Rd), Medford, New Jersey, USA, 08055

Serves meat, vegan options available. A all vegan place that shares space with Buffalo King, which serves meat. Owner hopes that vegan menu will do well and eventually will be able to concentrate solely on that. Uses separate cooking surfaces to prevent contamination. Menu includes mostly faux-meat sandwiches and salads such as chik'n, seitan steaks, tempeh bacon and crab cakes.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LisaMckeon

This restaurant recently opened, and it's a welcome addition to Medford! They essentially have two menus, one vegan and one "regular." Hiptown serves a variety of grill/sandwich shop style foods, and they offer vegan alternatives for basically all of them. And, as a vegetarian, I can say that they serve easily the best vegan wraps I have ever had. Hiptown serves a variety of meat substitutes, including seitan, soy and tempeh. All of them are absolutely amazing. The service is very friendly and fast. Also, they deliver! I ordered delivery from them today - my order included 4 items off the menu - and it arrived within 20 minutes! Hiptown is perfect for vegetarians and carnivores alike. They fill a niche that has needed filling - they're a place where vegetarians/vegans can take their meat eating friends, and everyone will be happy.

Highly recommended!

Pros: perfect vegan food, fast service, delivery

Amazing!! - Edit

You wouldn't know it was there because the sign says "Buffalo King" but this place is AMAZING! As a vegan in a small town there aren't too many options for eating out- but my boyfriend and I just finished our delicious meals and couldn't be more satisfied. I got the Hip Chic'n Original and I wish I never got full so that I could eat it all day ;) the owners came out and talked to us and I was extremely excited when they gave me my Vegan Ranch- better than any ranch I've tried. We will be visiting often. Unbelievable :))

Pros: friendly staff, amazing food, great service

vegan junk-food, nice to have some place local - Edit

I've been here a few times, it's basically vegan junk food with mostly fake meats and cheeses on white bread or wraps. The quality is good for what it is though!! Satisfies a craving for a buffalo chicken steak or something like that(ask for extra buffalo sauce!). The tempeh bacon is also very good. I like it for a treat now & then and would be a good place to bring someone who is interested in trying vegan foods and is used to the standard American junk food diet. The owner/chef that is usually there is super nice and happy to answer any questions you might have. SOmetimes the food takes long because there is usually just one or two people working there and they make everything to order. The place isn't all that nice to sit & eat at, I usually just do take out. It's connected to a buffalo wing place, so it's also good if you are with some strict carnivores.

Pros: friendly staff, inexpensive, yummy!

Cons: not very healthy, sit down area is small , sometimes takes a while

Return to Medford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Hip Town Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1779 times since Oct 2012.