Hindusthali

514-842-9604

4147 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2W 2M7

North Indian vegetarian thali restaurant, opened summer 2017 in downtown. Open Mon-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by schmlblk

Indian & vegan - Edit

We were thrilled to find an Indian restaurant that offers vegan Thali. They are working on offering desserts that are vegan. They are a family working together, looking up on us like we were their own friends, the service was perfect. They offer Thali A, B, C and the difference is about how much you are hungry. Not expensive and very good - try their spicy sauce! They are delivering with Foodora and Just east. Enjoy!

Favorite Indian Restaurant in Montreal - Edit

Delicious and simple menu. Thali A, B or C, it just depends how hungry you are. All vegetarian. Not too spicy, just great tasting. Fantastic service. Great location. Hospitable terrace in the front in the summer. Out of thousands of indian restaurants in town to choose from, Hindusthali is our favorite. My wife and our kids love it.

Pros: quality food, great service, good atmosphere

Cons: I wish there was a very spicy sauce available

A French touch on an ancient vegetarian tradition - Edit

The owner is super friendly and makes his guets feel most welcome. The food is very nice and is just as well presented.

The menu is not overly complicated... as the restaurant's name suggests: we select different "thali" or plates of dishes. My guests had Rose Lassi (which was tasteful and delicately balanced) and I had a very decent IPA on tap!

All in all, we were very happy and wish the restaurant success so that we can come back regularly!

Pros: The owner is very welcoming, The food and presentation are great, The decoration is well done

Cons: I wouldn't mind a bigger portion of crudities

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hindusthali closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.