Hinano

011-212-2375

Touku Department Store 10F, Sapporo, Japan, 060-0004

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain buffet restaurant, this one is at 北海道札幌市中央区北4条西2丁目1番地, on the 10th floor of the Touku department store by Sapporo station; can be accessed by the station's exit 13 or 14. Specializing in local Hokkaido food with many vegan alternatives as well healthier natural food. All-you-can-eat include drinks. Foods that include allergens (dairy, egg, soy, gluten) are marked in Japanese. Note: In Japan kitchens often stop serving 30-60 minutes before closing time. Call ahead to confirm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by ItalianChick

Hardly any vegan food - Edit

I went here as the other vegan restaurants were closed, and it wasn't a great experience as there was hardly anything vegan. Nothing was clearly labelled, and I didn't feel confident the staff understood what I was asking for. I wouldn't come back again, as it wasn't particularly exciting and my lunch was rice, cold tofu and vegetables.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-01

Pros: Convenient location

Cons: Hardly any vegan food, Little or no labelling

Will come here again...soon! - Edit

I was quite happy to recently learn about this restaurant almost 1,5 years after first arriving to Sapporo. We went here after we found a closed Shindo Fuji (vegan restaurant close to the north exit of Sapporo station) and we were hungry. Hinano is located on the top (10th floor) of the Toukyu mall and I believe we entered the mall from exit 13 or 14 at Sapporo station. We managed to fill our plates twice (and then desserts and drinks) - you can see the pictures of my plates here on this page.

What can a vegan eat here?
Noodles (udon), rice (be careful - the brown rice had meat in it, but the plain one is ok), different steamed vegetables, tempura, edamame/soy beans, salads, pumpkin cream, root vegetables and so much more (I don´t even remember). Drinks included were different coffee and teas, juices and water. Desserts suitable for vegans were the mochis, lychee fruits and hot sweet red bean soup.

I have to tell you that most of the food is healthy and has a "healthy taste" to it. Most of the dishes list allergens as dairy, eggs, soy and gluten. It´s wise to bring a note with the kanjis if you don´t read Japanese.
Hinano uses traditional and local ingredients, so don´t expect western food.
None of the non-dessert soups or curries were vegan.
The lunch buffet was open until five o clock and one could eat for two hours. The price was 1200 yen and included drinks. After five o clock the restaurant changed it´s menu.

I was very happy that the meats and fish were all in one side of the big buffet table, so I could easily avoid them.

Pros: Cheap and healthy food, Oshiruko (red bean soup), Nice atmosphere and restaurant

Cons: No vegan soups, No wifi

Return to Sapporo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hinano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.