Himalayan

403-984-3384

3218 17 Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nepali cuisine menu, has vegetarian section. Vegan suitable include the Kathmandu vegetables, vegetarian chatpat. Staff know about the ingredients - just ask. Open Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by lmcc

Delicious food, amazing staff - Edit

This place is very busy, but we only had to wait around 15 minutes to get a table. The restaurant itself has a very beautiful atmosphere. There are some gorgeous paintings that we very much enjoyed looking at. Our waiter was extremely friendly, and when I started to ask about the ingredients in different dishes, he asked if I was vegan. He was very helpful, and pointed out several dishes on the vegetarian section of the menu that were vegan-friendly. I ended up getting the Kathmandu Vegetables, which was a tofu version of the Kathmandu meat dishes. It was very delicious, and they provided me with extra papadums (very delicious also) because the naan bread was not vegan.

Things were a bit more on the pricey side, but it was all very good. Will definitely be returning, and I would recommend giving it a try.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegetarian section on menu, Delicious

Cons: Bit pricey, Busy place, Doesn't take reservations after certain time

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Himalayan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.