Hiltl - Langstrasse

+41-442101084

Langstrasse 84, Zurich, Switzerland, 8004

This branch of Hiltl est. 2017 features cafe, bar, vegetarian buffet, bike driver-thru, and shop. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-11:00pm, Fri 7:00am-11:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00am-8:00am, 9:00am-11:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European

First Review by SimonSwiss1989

Fast food heaven! - Edit

It was super late. Everything vegan-friendly had closed around us in Zurich but the Hiltl by the train station was thankfully still open. Knowing the long and impressive history of Hiltl, I was excited to finally have a chance to experience it. Unfortunately, we too late to have a full dining experience but we were invited to help ourselves to their pre-packaged deli selections, grab a couple draft beers, and take a place in their dining room. For convenience, anything vegan at Hiltl is denoted with a V; all else is vegetarian. (NOTE: A "V" in other establishments doesn't always equal vegan so if you're vegan like me, double-check for peace of mind.) The potato salad was wildly delicious and reminded me of what my Swiss mother used to make. (Thinly sliced potatoes, vinegar, mustard.) The couscous was absolutely delightful, as was the pasta salad. I was a bit disappointed in the vegan sandwich. I think it was just sliced onion and a spicy tomato paste. Imagine it's an acquired taste. Still, I was thrilled to be able to get something vegan on such a late, cold rainy night in Zurich after a long train ride in from Italy. Thank you, Hiltl!!

Pros: Open late, Quick fast food for dining in or take-away

Cons: Not 24/7 :)

Sensationell - Edit

Ich war am 13.12.2017 erstmalig am Veganen Stammtisch und zum ersten Mal im Hiltl überhaupt. Der Raum im UG ist mega Cool eingerichtet. Zur grossen Überraschung besuchte uns Rolf Hiltl und erzählte ein wenig über seinen Familienbetrieb. Das Buffet ist riesig und alles was man nimmt ist einfach Prima.

Great!

Return to Zurich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hiltl - Langstrasse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.