Hidden Treasure Tea Room

+44-1392274134

5A New Bridge St, Exeter, England, EX4 3JW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian, vegan, and fish. Traditional tea room close to the city centre that offers vegan choices, including cream tea, banana bread, treacle tart, berry scones with house made jam and coconut cream, and vegan pavlova (meringue with coconut cream and berries on top). Large selection of loose leaf tea drinks, including lavender chamomile tea. The business is part of the local currency scheme.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Ffion89

Vegan cream tea - Edit

Oh my... amazing cream tea. I don't particularly like coconut, but their coconut cream worked perfectly with the jam, and the scone was beautiful. We were passing through Exeter on the way somewhere else, but I'd happily drive 6 hours again for this cream tea

Pros: Vegan cream tea!, friendly, lovely setting and atmosphere

Cons: I don't live close enough to come here every day

busy but atmospheric - Edit

Booked a cream tea for 2 omnivores and 1 vegan and was pleasantly surprised! Had a lovely de-caff coffee with soy milk, a round of hoummous sandwiches and an array of cakes including a scone with jam and coconut cream which was delicious! Not all cakes to my liking but was worth the £14.95. Booking is recommended though as it was very busy!

What a hidden treasure! - Edit

We came here from
Plymouth as desperate for vegan cake!
We wasn't disappointed! So many lovely options in a cute quirky cafe.
The "cream tea" was fantastic! And the lady was so lovely. Sat and relaxed on the sofa, what a wonderful place and so many vegan options!

Pros: Gorgeous cake, Friendly staff, Great music

Cons: Could do with More vegan savoury options

Vegan cream tea... Amazing! - Edit

Having read a blog about this place serving a three course vegan afternoon tea I decided to visit with friends for a cream tea.

I was impressed with the number of items on the menu that were marked as vegan: cranberry scones with vegan coconut cream (and jam), pavlova, and a couple of different cakes! I was in heaven.

I opted for the scone with cream and jam along side a tea with soya milk. It was delicious and barely tasted any different from a normal cream tea (possibly because it's been a couple of years since I've had clotted cream, but nevertheless coming from Devon I've had a fair few cream teas!).

This place is really cute, and the owner is passionate about her tea room, I'm so glad she has decided to offer so many vegan and gluten free options. Will definitely be visiting again, and again!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious!, Homemade and good quality

Cons: Slightly slow service, On show to public if sit in window seat!

Return to Exeter Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hidden Treasure Tea Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.