Hidden Lane Tea Room

n/a

1103 Argyle St, Glasgow, Scotland, G3 8ND

Serves meat, vegan options available. Will provide vegan afternoon tea with cakes when you phone ahead to reserve. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-5:30pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Bakery, British, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

Astonishing Vegan Afternoon Tea - Edit

I heard a lot of good things about this place, so when my family came to visit and I wanted to give them a proper “afternoon tea experience”, I decided to book a table there. It turned out to be a very good decision; I was not disappointed in the slightest!
First off, the atmosphere is wonderful: It’s such a cosy and brightly lit place with a vintage feel to it, perfect for spending the whole afternoon enjoying treats and a good brew.
Staff were really lovely and very accommodating of our dietary requirements. (Our group of five included of one vegan and one vegetarian, which I informed them of when I booked.) They even made sure that food items some of us felt averse to (e.g. red onions and garlic) were excluded from our meals and ensured that everything was to our liking.
The tea selection was fairly big, making it quite hard for us to decide what to order. (I went for a blueberry rooibos in the end, which I can only recommend.) The food itself was extremely tasty and filling and left us happy and satisfied. As the only vegan I had my very own tray to avoid confusion, and I have to say that I could not have wished for anything better.
Afterwards, my family repeatedly told me how happy they were that I brought them to the Hidden Lane Tearoom and that our afternoon tea there was one of the highlights of their trip. I’m glad that I live in Glasgow and will thus have the opportunity to go back there and treat myself time and again.

Vegan Afternoon tea! - Edit

So as long as you pre book your afternoon tea which most people do this is a great wee spot to spend sometime.
The cakes are delicious, the sandwich filling more than just salad, they also do a small savoury bite as part of the afternoon too. It is so reasonably priced at £15 for the luxury afternoon tea!
They even have a choice of milk - almond or soya.
The staff are friendly and very attentive. Really cannot fault this place.

Really love this place and it's great value for money compared to other afternoon teas for vegan in Glasgow.

It's 5 stars from me but you know happy cows rating system!

Pros: Great value , Great selection of sandwiches, Lots of tasty cakes

Cons: Pre booking in advance

nice staff and space, not great for vegans - Edit

The staff here are lovely and the place is really beautiful. There is a vegan afternoon tea but you have to call in advance, otherwise there is very little by way of vegan stuff. The tea selection is fantastic though - especially the chais. You get so much for what you pay for. My friend loved her vegetarian scone and I had a soup which was good

vegan afternoon tea - Edit

This was amazing and the had both soya and almond milk. My friend had a nut allergy and is also vegan and hers looked fab too.

Pros: cater really well for vegans

Amazing vegan afternoon tea - Edit

I can't recommend this place highly enough for a vegan afternoon tea. It's about £12 for the tea, or for the option to bring your own booze and have unlimited tea and coffee it's only £15. Advance notice is required and depending on the size of your group they may require a deposit as although they generally always have a couple of vegan cakes on offer and a savoury item or two, they make more vegan items for the tea which they may not be able to sell on if people don't turn up.

Service was excellent and food was delicious. Fantastic value for money and a lovely atmosphere for a special gathering.

Pros: Value for money, Delicious food

Cons: Deposits may be required

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hidden Lane Tea Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.