Hicuri

Calle Santa Escolastica, Esquina Plaza Girones 4, Granada, Spain,

Long established vegetarian restaurant and bar, switched to vegan in 2013, and added a shop in 2014. Offers natural juices and smoothies, roasted veggies, and house specialty lasagna. Options without gluten, sugar, soy. Artistic space. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by Zach S

Fantastic! - Edit

Wonderful!

Both mains and desert were delicious and staff really helpful and friendly.

Nice & cosy setting.

Can't recommend enough!

Wonderful! - Edit

We had a gorgeous meal at Hicuri, with one of us having a burger and the other a curry - and a cake to share for after a. Everything tasted great. The staff were excellent - friendly and helpful. We will definitely visit again next time we are in Granada.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Good value

Cons: Honestly can't think of a con

Advanced vegan kitchen - Edit

Reception and setting:
Hicuri is a very popular restaurant, it seemed. It was the semana santa, so that might have played a role. Combine the crowdiness with the open kitchen, and this gives a kind of fast-food restaurant vibe. Combine that with trained waiters and the whole gets a weird, but pleasant vibe. We were treated very friendly though we were apparently kind of lucky that we could get in immediately (reserving a table in advance may be advised)
What we had:
We had the Seitan orientale and the Pisto (ratatouille) as main plates. We accompanied this with a bottle of wine and topped it off with three desserts (we couldn't choose).
What we paid:
We came out at about 41,5 euro's. This higher price, to our student-standards, is due to the bottle of wine (13) and the fact we mostly took desserts. We only saw the mistake of not taking an entrada once the main dish got served.
Some thoughts:
The reviews of this place were so good, that we had high expectations. We weren't sure about the sizes of the plates, so we made the mistake of not ordering a starter. Combine this with the fact that we completely miscalculated how fast the service was, we had a whole bottle of wine to finish before leaving. This explains why we found a lot of space for dessert. Nonetheless, the portions were smaller than we had anticipated, but this was truly our own fault. All of the food was perfectly executed and brought to flavour. This restaurant is a must for a more fine-dining experience as a vegan.

Some explanation:
On our trip through Sevilla, Córdoba and Granada my girlfriend and me went to this restaurant, so the rating should be taken in comparison to the others for a full overview. I've made a systematic overview, but don't take this too seriously, as my opinion could even conflict with my gf. Mind that the bill of this review needs to be split in two.

Pros: Fine dining for vegans in food and in service, Adequately priced, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Fine dining means smaller and balanced portions

Good food, good prices - Edit

We got the burger, lasagna and tiramisu. Everything was really good, especially the dessert! Staff is very friendly.

Pros: Good prices, Delicious food, Desserts are amazing

Cons: Portions are a bit smaller

what more can one say? - Edit

I think the number of amazing reviews say it all. I can honestly say that this is the best vegan restaurant ever. We were only in Granada two nights, so ate there both evenings. Friendly staff, great food and reasonable prices. Thank you all!

Best vegan restaurant everr - Edit

The place is so cozy and the staff are sooo nice. Moreover, the food is delicious and they have any kind of vegan meat and cheese.
The smoothies are AMAZING (try Imagine)
We ate Tofu and Lasaña and both were so good!

Great vegan food! - Edit

The food in this place is amazing. I would recommend it to everyone travelling through or staying in Granada. The staff are super friendly too. Only downside is that they had no outdoor space to eat and because we had our dog with us, we had to get takeaway. It's the yummiest food I've ever eaten on a park bench though!

Pros: Great food, Good location, Friendly service

Cons: No outdoor seating, Tiny bit expensive

Nice place - Edit

The restaurant is a really nice spot and the people are very friendly.
I visited as a tourist and was very happy to find various traditional spanish dishes on the menu.

Super amazing place to eat and chill - Edit

Was I ever happy to have found Hicuri on Happy Cow while visiting Granada! I went on two occasions. The first time, I have the very affordable and filling menu of the day with the Salmorejo soup (cold tomato soup with avocado) - really in the top three of soups I've ever had - so sweet and delicious and fresh. Then I had the seitan oriental con verduras, which was again quite fresh and it was so nice to have a good Asian inspired dish. On the second visit, I indulged in the Hicuri burger with a homemade tumeric bun with the Hicuri cocao and banana smoothie. Oh my!! That was decadent. I tried a dessert on each occasion, both of which were fantastic: the almond tiramisu and the raw vegan cheesecake which definitely would make any cheesecake lover completely satisfied. It is the place to eat in Granada!

Pros: Amazing, fresh food, Ambience, Super friendly staff

Great Food - Edit

We have been here twice.

The first time we had a chicken style burger, the ratatouille, a salad, gazpacho, tiramisu and chocolate cake.
-> it was so great we had to come again on the next day. BTW the tiramisu was the best vegan tiramisu I've ever had.

The chicken style burger was really good and the cheese they are using really tastes like burger cheese.

Next day we had again the chicken style burger, tiramisu, legume burger and a rice pudding.

The legume burger was also very good and I liked the fact that it comes with gluten free bread.

The staff was very nice and speaks fluent english. Just take care not to go there at noon, about 15 people where waiting to get a table.

Pros: Tiramisu, Cheese, Burgers

Delicious vegan pleasant restaurant - Edit

The staff is very friendly, they are family friendly. We had the Cous-cous and the Seitan oriental. Also the revitalizing shake is delicious!

Delicious, heathly food - Edit

Completely vegan and a good menue with many options: fresh juce, smoothies, salads, soups, lasagne, rice, couscous,... and yummy desserts.

Simple, healthy food - Edit

A nice cafe close to city centre (5-10 mins walk to Plaza Nueva). I had the lunchtime Menu del Dia. There were about 5 options for each course. I had s simple but fresh salad to start, followed by tofu with mushrooms, spinach and rice. It was very tasty. Beer, bread and dessert were included. I opted for fresh pineapple but a range of vegan cakes were available too. Nice quiet place with friendly staff. I would go back.

Pros: central location , nice staff, many options -all vegan

Cons: indoor seating only

Really Good food - Edit

Everything was tasty! I'll go there every time i'll go to Granada and I am never disapoint. Really Good vegan tiramisu

MUST GO! - Edit

It's a MUST GO (and repeat) 100% Vegan restaurant in Granada! The food is so tasty and with such a variety that you just wish to have more opportunities to try everything on the menu, from the breakfast "tostadas" to the delicious deserts! The atmosphere is great and the staff very friendly. Unfortunately it's not open for diner.

excelent! - Edit

During summer they open from 11am to 4:30pm, i went for lunch and had the tofu and mushrooms over rice and it was amazing!!! I loved it, they even refered me to other vegan restaurants.

They constantly change the 'plato del día' so you can have a first course dish, second course, beverage and dessert for €13 or you can decide directly from the menu.

Cons: they only open for lunch during summer time

Good daily menu - Edit

We had a nice daily menu at Hicuri. The food was tasty, the staff very friendly. They also sell good smoothies.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff

Cons: Closed in the evenings - check the opening times!

go here! - Edit

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, and good food with many many choices. I got the 13.40 menu del dia option which seemed worth it for all that I got. More restaurant like and slightly less casual than other nearby vegan option El Piano.

Return to Granada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hicuri closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.