First Review by bushbaby

Cozy place for good food and drinks - Edit

First think I should mention is that the kitchen closes at 9:30pm. We arrived in Rostock in the evening, so again we met our Airbnb host and settled in a bit, we though we'd head here because the hours said till 1am, but we got there at 10pm and the kitchen was already closed, so we ended up going to Vapiano not too far away. But the place was packed and looked really nice, so we made a reservation for saturday night. It was pretty tasty, and the menu has vegan and vegetarian items labelled clearly. My husband had the Pilzpfanne, which was really delicious. whole mushrooms in a creamy curry sauce that can be either vegetarian or vegan. I had a pear, potato, and gorgonzola bake, which was tasty, but I would have liked the sauce to be a bit thicker, which was a blessing in disguise because I still had room for dessert. If they have chocolate cake, get it. OMG! it was rich like a brownie and came with a spiced pear, so yummy! The people next to us had the canary potatoes, which I wished I would have got because it looked amazing, and it can also be served with vegan aoili. Also, if you want to try a typical German dessert, get the Klöse with Zimt-Kirsh. It looked really good from a neighbouring table's plate(Yes, I snoop!), and is probably your only chance to get this vegan in a restaurant.

Pros: nice atmosphere, good portions, excellent desserts!

Cons: slow service

Relaxed Lunch - Edit

I went to Heumond today and loved it! It is a small cozy restaurant or cafe and it serves some very fine vegan dishes! I had the goulash of seitan (which was fabulous) and traded the quinoarice mix for new potatoes which were equally delicious. I had a big jug full of delicious Green tea with mint called Egyptian mix and although the tea was 5€ it was an ample portion that can be easily shared by two. The food was piping hot!!! That is good! Yes, I have had other experiences ! The portions of the food are huge so bring a healthy appetite. I liked the quiet lunchtime atmosphere and the music which was not too loud. There are newspapers and lots of German books so go there if you have some time on your hands, you won't regret it!
Updated from previous review on Friday October 25, 2013

Updated from previous review on Friday October 25, 2013

Pros: big portions, nice atmosphere , Good tea selection in teapots

Cons: Drinks slightly pricey, Service slightly slow, No vegan desserts but who's complaining?

Return to Rostock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heumond closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1064 times since Oct 2013.