Heshan Vegetarian

020-321616648

391 Xin Tang Da Dao West, Zengcheng, China

Nice vegetarian restaurant on the 3rd floor. Plenty of seating and numerous private rooms. There is a Buddha idol at the entrance with the daily offerings and a small shrine at the back of the restaurant. Offers a lunch buffet as well a small a la carte menu. NOTE: please send correct address in English to happycow! Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet

First Review by Darteous

Hit or Miss - Edit

It's mostly vegan and if you ask about milk or eggs they will say they don't have it. But the sushi has a white sauce in it. I asked three times if it had egg in it before trying it. It tasted like ranch and was obviously a commercial product. I asked to see the bottle it came in. It was Miracle Whip. I said there's egg in that and the woman said no. I took it and looked at the ingredients and pointed out the egg character. So they're not the most knowledgeable. They have a lunch buffet for 50 rmb that I didn't find out about until after I order. My own fault for not knowing Chinese and coming a bit before the buffet would start. I ordered the curry which I found to be quite disappointing, too much of a certain spice, methi I think, a popular Indian spice in any case. The texture wasn't fine like I've had in just about every other curry dish. But the mushroom tofu dish that the waitress suggested was great. I've had this dish at other places but here it was by far the best, the tofu flavor kind of reminded me of a meal of eggs and pancakes with that hint of sweetness. I also had these weird white slabs garnished with a bit of watered down ginger and something else with some oil poured over it. I'd never had it and it looked interesting. I think it might be a palate cleanser, it was very bland. Maybe for monks trying to overcome flavor. I forgot to ask about the hours but have posted a picture that showing what could be the restaurant hours or may just be the buffet hours. The menu doesn't have English but plenty of pictures and many options.

I'm not certain the location is correct. It looks like it's around the right area but I can't read Chinese so I can't really verify it but I typed in the address given. To get there I went to the bus stations and asked for a ticket (10 rmb) to bring me here 新聚福站下车. It took about an hour from Zengcheng and it's about halfway between the Zengcheng bus station and the tian he bus station. From there I asked a moto to bring me here 增城市新塘大道西391号三友广场3楼. It costs me 10 rmb but I think I got honest drivers. I wouldn't be surprised if some will ask for 15. I imagine their price will be a bit more than the 10 I paid in the future. I've posted some pictures to make it easier for you if you want to go.

Not sure I'd say it's worth taking a long trip out there but if I lived nearby it would be a regular spot for me. They had many options that I eat at my current regular places and then a few more.

Pros: some very good dishes, Friendly staff, Decor

Cons: hit or miss, Far from the bigger cities, Not knowledgeable about their dressings

Return to Zengcheng Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heshan Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.