First Review by konlish

Great Quality food! - Edit

I heard about Herbivore sometime last year, however I only got a chance to go there today.  It's a weekend Cafe run by Simon at Cathays Community Embassy Café. We had the White Beans, Courgette and Rosemary which Simon was nice enough to add brown rice as I was a hungry lion, Tofu Scrambles and Sweet Potato, Coffee Walnut Cardomon cake and a Peanut butter and Chocolate cookie!  The quality of food Simon creates is top class as it is well presented and absolutely delicious. The price is pretty good for the quality and you get a good portion. I loved the cookie which was crunchy outside and soft inside with chocolate and peanuts.  It was the comments from a 5 and 7 year old who came with their parents for the cookies that made me want them too. One of the girls said " It's really good, it tastes like peanut butter but has dark really dark chocolate." This caused her mom to have a bite!

I recommend Herbivore, a One Person Cafe. He does it all. Simon said that the 2 day weekend café takes him 4 days to prepare from selecting the recipes, sourcing the ingredients, preparing the food to creating the menu.

Simon also caters on request and will also be preparing delicious vegan and vegetarian food for the Riverside Sourdough who are the new management that shall be running the Embassy Café during the week (Mon-Fri), starting 7 Aug 9:30-15:30 as a coffee and sandwich café. Simon will still continue to run Herbivore during the weekends.

Pros: Delicious Vegan Food, Good Portion , Well presented

Cons: Serves dairy and Eggs., Only operational on weekends.

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Herbivore closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.