Herbee's Garden Cafe

Contact 83887929

55 Main St, Hahndorf, Adelaide, South Australia, 5245

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe in a historic Hahndorf town in the Adelaide Hills. Large menu with vegetarian choices as well as a separate menu for vegans (per owner - ask for it). Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm. Closes 2nd Wednesdays.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by pineconesjay

Great Food - Impressive Menu - Edit

This cute little Hahndorf Cafe with indoor and outdoor seating is my new little local favourite. The staff are knowledgable and very friendly/accommodating. There is a very large vegan menu and options for gluten free / soy free. They even do a selection of raw vegan desserts.

My friend and I each had a tea and shared the vegan nachos and a cake. The cashew cream and bio life cheese on the nachos make it tasty but the canned chili beans were not my style. The coffee slice raw cake we shared was loved by my friend (coffee fan) but I found it to be a little dry and not being a coffee drinker probably didn't enjoy it as much as my friend.

I would def recommend this place again as the staff were great and the menu is pleasantly large. Plus it's a locally owned cafe with heaps of vegan options. Expect to pay about $20 for a meal and something else (drink/dessert). If you're just stopping by for coffee and cake you can get away with $10.

Pros: friendly staff, indoor and out door seating

Cons: street parking

Great!! - Edit

I go to this cafe now and then for lunch, really great vegan menu! Super tasty and a nice treat kind of lunch for me :) recommend this to anyone vego! Or bring your family along as there's non veg options too.
A lot of choices, its hard to choose as they're all so good :)

Pros: Great food, Good value , Do take out and dine in

Cute little garden café with vegan menu! - Edit

I've long been a customer at Herbee's café - I can take anyone in my family here as they do serve meat but half the menu is vegetarian and now they have an exclusively vegan menu! Things can also be made gluten free - so very flexible for most diets.
The alfresco garden is lovely on a warm day, but on cool days it is nice to sit inside in the quirky but cute cottage rooms.
The vegan mushroom burger was delicious with eggplant, capsicum, pumpkin, kale, fruit chutney and vegan cheese. You can also get a 'side' of kale chips. They do fresh juices too - so plenty of healthy choices on offer.
Expect to pay around $15 for your meal, which isn't too bad for Hahndorf's tourist town prices.
Definitely recommend if you're in the hills and looking for something good to eat - any time of the day as they also have all day vegan and vegetarian breakfasts on the menu.

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Herbee's Garden Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.