First Review by Veganmilitant

Very nice! - Edit

The place is tidy, big and very well organized.
Almost everything or maybe everything is organic. It's expensive, but the best part is that they have loose seeds, rice and legumes for a very good price!
It's lacks some more vegan products though
Updated from previous review on Monday April 29, 2013

Pros: Well organized, Big place, Cheap seeds and legumes

Cons: Expensive, Staff not always attentive

Good location and good variety of products organic - Edit

This is one of my first organic only shops where one can safely shop what one needs with no wary on how the products have been made; the owners take care of that. These shops (there are several around Oslo, also called Life) have a big variety of cosmetics and hygiene stuff. Also a lot of special food like chocolate and the like. It also has a good choice of everyday shopping though these are at a higher price that similar products in other shops.

(Note that nowadays in many normal supermarkets around Oslo one can find organic products, you just need to look for the Debio godkjent green sign.)

One can also find medicinal products of very good quality.

A friendly staff.

Pros: big variety of products, friendly, organic only

Cons: expensive for grocery

Great place - Edit

Helios has everything related to health foods, ecologic/bi-dynamic foods, allergy foods, supplements, vegan foods, etc. Friendly staff. The swedish guy working there came running after me when I left because I had forgotten one of my items. That's nice, many wouldn't have bothered to do that. :) My only complaint is that the one time I was there, they charged me for 2 kilos of meat that I didn't buy (as I don't eat any). I didn't notice until I got home and checked the reciept. Maybe they thought they'd get away with it? I don't know, could have been an honest mistake. As a last remark, Helios is expensive. But I think all such health-food stores in Norway are. (Sucks to be us!)

Pros: Great selection of everything!

Awsome! - Edit

This is a great little store where you can find all you need for your vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. There is mostly packaged food including lots of baked goods, candy and meat and dairy alternatives. Theres plenty of organic food and a bit of organic produce, which isn't easy to find in the stores in Oslo.
They also have toilettries, baby food, cleaning supplies and supplements.

Pros: good selection, plenty of Vegan goodies

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Helios closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3588 times since Aug 2007.