Heeren van Sonoy

+31-725121222

Hof van Sonoy 1, Alkmaar, Netherlands, 1811 LD

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sit-down dining restaurant. The gai-pad-med is vegan. Serves bread without milk and a vegan tapenade with it. Mini loempias are sometimes vegan (need to check). Not much else for vegans in the area. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-12:00am, Thu-Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, European, Honey, Non-veg

First Review by IljaRianca

Vegan dishes (upon request) are fine - Edit

A few months ago I had a family diner with a large group. I called and e-mailed and I was glad they could make vegan options. It wasn't possible to do the tapas (little dishes) vegan, because they had to come up with too many vegan choices, but the three course menu is fine. They made us beetroot carpaccio with figs, mixed vegetables with papadum (Indian lentil cracker) and grated pineapple with sorbet ice.

To be honest it wasn't the best vegan food I've eaten in Alkmaar (vegetables a little overcooked and not spicy as the cook said. Figs a little bitter; maybe not ripe or fresh, I think they will often make the same things, so don't expect too much variation). However, it wasn't bad either, not at all! It was quite tasty and creative (not just a simple salad) and they know what vegan means.

Pros: Tasty, nice location

Cons: Quality could be a bit better

Nice atmosphere and food - Edit

I went here before I went to a concert with some friends and family. We wanted a place with a nice atmosphere to eat dinner. We only found this restaurant and it was really nice. We made reservation, but apparently we weren't on the list. Luckily, he had one table free (normally for people that walk in spontaneously), so they handled that really well. The food was great and I was happy I could even eat some of the bread we had before our meal. The staff was great, although the quality went down after it got more busy.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good food

Cons: Serving was not as good when more busy

Return to Alkmaar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heeren van Sonoy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.