Heaven Artisan GF Cuisine

403-249-3037

1013 17th Ave SW Unit 119, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2T 0A7

Serves meat, vegan options available. All food is gluten free. Vegan items are marked on menu and include such as mac and cheese, lasagna, arepas (a specialty), salads, and soups. Wi-fi. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by kimward8

Great brunch spot - Edit

If you're in need of vegan brunch then this is the spot! :D

Pros: Great food, Good price, Friendly staff

Amazing Food - Edit

Good selection of vegan food. All gluten free. Venezuelan food, something new to try. A great date spot. Owners are awesome, service is great

Pros: Good Vegan Selection, Delicious

Cons: Serves Meat

Overall positive experience - Edit

Amazingly we had not yet tried this gem yet until last night, although my love has been celiac far longer than we've been vegan!

We both had the butternut squash soup which was divine! Thick and creamy and tasted like thanksgiving. =)
I had the vegan tostada which was pretty basic but flavorful and satisfying nonetheless. My love had the vegan lasagna which was so cheesy we had to double-check with her that it was indeed vegan! The noodles were a little mushy but it had tons of veggies and flavor and I think he would definitely order it again.

For dessert we had the vegan plantain dessert which was not very big but was DEFINITELY best shared between two people. It is very very sweet (and delicious!).

The service was a little slow and forgetful but not without good intentions. We felt like we were at a friend's house whose mom was trying to feed everyone but couldn't quite handle the capacity lol. I wouldn't go here if I was in a hurry, but you definitely do get treated nicely!

I will have to update this review when we've gone a second time.
Updated from previous review on Friday February 21, 2014

Excellent Vegan Lasagne - Edit

The vegan lasagna was really good. It used daiya cheese and brown rice noodles and had vegetables and hemp bechamel sauce. I am not usually a fan of gluten-free food, so I was surprised by how good it was.

I wish they had more vegan desserts.

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heaven Artisan GF Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.