Heath's Natural Foods

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 386-423-5126

600 E Third Ave (at South Causeway, 17 miles south of Daytona Beach), New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA, 32169

Provides selections in fresh organic foods, produce, and health foods since 1970. Also a juice bar and deli serving fresh juices, soups, fair trade coffee, wheat grass juice, prepared wraps, salads, pates, salsa, guacamole, hummus, party trays and more all made from organic ingredients. Sells organic wines from around the world and gluten-free beers. NOTE: They will soon break ground for an addition which will allow more beer, wine, grab and go selections and more gourmet foods.

First Review by Ang

Updated: Still spendy, but much nicer - Edit

Update: This place has improved in the last four years. There are lots of vegan options in the deli, although they are still extremely expensive. Customer service was nice. Lots of vegan options. Updated from two stars to four.

This is one of the only health food places in the area, and it does have a lot of options, but it is seriously expensive. They have expanded since I was last there and now make fresh sandwiches, wraps, juices and have a deli and hot bar. I got a small veggie wrap that cost $8.00. They charge by the pound so you don't know how much it will be. I also got about 2 tablespoons of one of their deli salads for my baby and it cost $1.60!!! The store itself has lots of options, but again, very expensive. I highly suggest checking the nutrition section of Publix out first. I would have save myself lots of money.

I was not impressed by the customer service. On a trip back to return a bag of frozen veggies that was sooooo old and freezerburned the peas turned white, they refused to give me a refund, instead giving me store credit. Also they had a basket of free samples that said "one per customer". So I grabbed one for myself, husband and daughter (who were both with me). I figured since we just spent $85.00 that would be fine. The cashier tried to charge me for them, and then told me it was one per family. When I pointed out it said per customer she just shrugged and ignored me. I put them back but was not happy. I probably wont go back here because of those two instances, as well as the high prices.

Updated from previous review on 2013-01-07

Pros: Lots of options

Cons: High prices

After Beach Stop - Edit

Heath's Natural Foods has a variety of foods and healing products which I like. In the back of the store they also have a deli counter style section to to order fresh made food. They have Vegan, Gluten Free options that I'm in love with. Particularly their potato salad. I've been here quite a few times after going to the beach with my family. Their food and snacks we can get as Vegans are great. They only thing I don't enjoy about this place is the service. While I have talked to one or two employees who are fairly kind and talkative, the back deli counter usually hosts a few employees who come off as cold and unwelcoming. We come back for the food, not for the service. The first time we came in and didn't know how to order and the woman behind the counter basically scoffed at us like we were idiots for not knowing how to order. They were very impatient with us deciding as well. Even though it was our first time there. This is something they need to seriously consider addressing. Unfortunately, from the other reviews I've read, I'm not the only one who has had this experience.

Pros: Gluten Free Food, Vegan Food, Close to the Beach

Cons: Rude Employees

Bad Service - Edit

They do not take manufacturers coupons here - EVEN THOUG the manufacturer reimburses for their coupons. I came with my coupons twice for a product that was out of stock, and when it finally was in stock (my 3rd visit) she told me I could not use my coupon. WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THAT TO BIGE WITH?!

And after all of my trouble and the misunderstandings on their part, they wouldnt even take my credit card for my $8.00 purchase! What a waste of time! Very rude about it....I will never shop here again.

Cons: Bad Communication, Bad Store Policies, Owner is rude

Heaths - Edit

When it's the staff, they're very kind and helpful and make shopping there a wonderful experience. They're very knowledgeable and always have something interesting to talk about.
So, overall it's a great store and a wonderful shopping experience. I'd only recommend it if it's the closest to you and you have no other choice.

Pros: Great Staff, Wonderful soups, wraps, and juices., Varied selection and great atmosphere.

Nice little natural food store - Edit

Stopped in this store the other day. It's a nice little natural food store. The staff seemed friendly, prices were in order with what they should be (not overly expensive like some small natural food stores), and they had a pretty good selection. I would go back again.

Pros: clean, good selection, decent prices

Cons: vitamins takes up too much of the store

better than whole foods - Edit

This place has everything Whole Foods has and more. Since they have the same distributor, they can get ANYTHING that Whole Foods carries. They have a full kitchen in the back with two cooks! If you call in ahead of time, they can make anything you want fresh. The Hummus Veggie Wrap is scrumptious; I could eat them for a week straight. Veggie chili is good, fresh juices, you can pick your produce and they will juice it right in front of you!

Pros: vegan prepared foods best ANYWHERE, fresh juice, produce selection

Cons: sells a ton of animal products

Unique Find Great Place to Go Natural - Edit

Heath's is a cozy refreshing place to find all of my natural products and more. Love the produce selection, prepared foods and smoothie. The knowledge of the staff is very much appreciated. My experience was even more enhanced by their customer appreciation day over the weekend!

Pros: Cleanliness, Product Availability, Great Smoothies

Pretty Good - Edit

They have delicious smoothies and lots of variety in their products. The staff could be nicer. I have waited at the register to pay for 5 minutes while the staff chat with eachother not noticing, on more than one occaision. Parking Lot is difficult to maneuver in with large vehicles.

Pros: Nice Clean Store, Lots of options, fresh lunch

Cons: Unattentive staff, pricey

Return to New Smyrna Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heath's Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4047 times since Aug 2007.