Heather's Restaurant

Contact 989-402-1116

205 3rd St N, Bay City, Michigan, USA, 48708

Serves meat, vegan options available. Focus is also on meatless dishes with vegan items marked. Veggie burgers, un-chicken with almond cheese, and others. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-2:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Mexican, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by ieatmodestmouse

My family likes to go here! - Edit

My family loves to go here because there is something for everyone. Though my husband eats meat, he enjoys eating the vegan items (for lunch we each get a different sandwich and share halves for variety). They are accommodating for my young son, and although they don't have vegan grilled cheese on the menu, they will make it and charge a little more for the vegan cheese. This is great, because he loves it! The dinner options are always delicious, but a more pricey. There are often several baked goods for dessert or to take home! YUM! I wish they had real maple syrup for breakfast.

Pros: Lots of Vegan Options, Flexible menu options

Cons: Short hours

One of our favorites! - Edit

My husband and I travel through Bay City on our way Up North and stop at Heather's at every opportunity. Love love love the many vegan and vegetarian choices. The un-chicken sandwich is fantastic, and the roasted red pepper wrap is as well. The chocolate brownie is worth saving room for dessert. The staff is friendly and customer focused. Absolutely recommend it to vegans and non-vegans. There is something for everyone!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Vegan in Bay City! - Edit

I grew up in Michigan and visit about once a year to see my mom. She lives in Bay City and had told Mike and I about this place. We were cautious at first when we entered this past June during one of our visits.

We were blown away! I love the seitan pot pie. We ate there three times while visiting. Vegan cinnamon rolls! Great service. There are a ton of other vegan choices but I can't remember them all. What a great treat in mid-Michigan. We can't wait to go back!

Wonderful place - Edit

I love Heather's. You would not expect to find this place in tiny Bay City. Serving both vegan and non-vegan items, this is a great place for a group with vegans and meat eaters. The dishes are simple and delicious, as well as clearly marked what is vegan/not vegan - with a LOT of vegan options. Favorite dish: "un-chicken" sandwich with almond mayo :) with house potatoes.

Pros: Great value, Very friendly staff/owner

Cons: Short hours

Contributions +49

frustrating! - Edit

I loved it here being a vegan and having those options clearly marked. Awhile ago I looked into it a little bit more. The flour they use in every food item is ENRICHED and BLEACHED. Terrible! First, because it's really bad for you and enriched is NOT vegan. The vitamins they enrich the flour with are from animals and I don't understand why they can't spend an extra dollar to buy a non-enriched flour.

Pros: clean, setting, price

Cons: ingredients, cranky staff, uncomfy

excellent! - Edit

my husband and i were in bay city area for the day and found this little gem of a restaurant! we were expecting to find 2 or 3 items on the menu that were vegan but at least half of the menu was vegan! we let our waitress (who we found out later is the owner) make suggestions for lunch and we ended up with the un-chicken sandwich and the seitan pot pie. both were amazing!! we got sides of fries/potatoes and cole slaw. yummy as well! ended up with dessert of the banana cake with maple frosting soo good..and the peanut butter brownie vanilla cream pie. the pie was so amazing i have not stopped thinking about it! this place is 2 hours from our house and i would gladly drive that far just to eat there again. the service was amazing, the staff was so friendly, and the food was delicious.

i would have given this place 5 "cows" but because it's not strictly veg it wouldn't let me!

Pros: excellent food, cute space/decor, good price

Return to Bay City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heather's Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2175 times since Aug 2011.