Heartland's Market and Kitchen

• Vegetarian
Contact 909-468-5155

152 N Pierre Rd (at Valley Blvd), Walnut, California, USA, 91789

Kitchen offers a la carte & a special lunch combo is served from 11:30am-2:30pm. The organic walnut carrot cake is yummy as are all the foods. Also a small market section selling seasonal organic fruits & vegetables, vegan and vegetarian foods, a few other items. Lunch starts at 11:30am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Organic, Taiwanese

First Review by Ginita

Good little place - Edit

My sister was the one who had introduced me to Heartland's first. Then I brought my husband to try. Here's my Heartland's Market and Kitchen review for happy cow.

It's a little, casual place arranged into 2 sections. One side is a steam table buffet with some tables for seating. The other side is stocked with various healthy products for sale, including fresh produce, packaged dry food like grains, and other stuff.

It's mostly a lunch place. The food is Taiwanese style. Some food is pre-cooked and kept warm in the steam table. You can see them and choose what you'd like to have. There is also a small a la carte menu.

Food is good, mostly healthy, quick, and fairly cheap.

Heartland - Edit

Fabulous Chinese vegan place! Lunch is about $6 and includes soup, rice or noodles, a main dish box and a dessert, usually a candy or cookie. Water pitchers are available or you can order hot tea. The food is ready to go and you can choose one item or do the whole lunch. The 5 grain rice is the best rice I have ever tasted! You can take it to go or sit down at a table. I have gone 4 times and have never been disappointed. The lunch will vary depending on the day, so you don't have a choice of what is served, but it is always fresh and delicious. The store items are decently priced and I often get my Braggs products there because it is the cheapest place I have seen them. There is a variety of scoop-able grains and legumes, a refrigerated and frozen section, Asian produce and dry and canned good items as well as beauty supplies. Staff is extremely friendly and I even got a fabulous recipe from a lady who works there. She personally took me around the store and showed me items used in her traditional cooking style and explained how to make the dish I wanted to try. If you like any of the food you eat at lunch it is also available for you to purchase and make yourself. Be careful because some of the sweets they have in stock are brought in from other companies and may contain butter or milk, so ask if you are not sure. This is the place to shop if you are looking for specific Asian sauces and products that are normally not vegan. This is my new favorite place!

Pros: fast service, affordable, great product selection

Return to Walnut Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Heartland's Market and Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1810 times since Aug 2007.