Healthy Home

• Vegan

28 GuoHe Road, Yang Pu Qu District (at Middle Ring Road intersection, near Bailian Department Store), Shanghai, China,

Quality, healthy vegan food in a convenient location and relaxed dining environment. No English spoken but menu is also in English. Name in Chinese 健康家园素食馆, address 国和路28号(近百联又一城). Also known as Healthy Land in English. Confirmed open May 2014.

Category: Vegan, Chinese

First Review by MDR

One of the Best Ever - Edit

I read reviews that they don't have an English menu and people were unsure if it was still open. Yes there is an English menu! And yes it is still open! You just have to ask for it and they will pull it up on one of their phones. Although no English is spoken it is not a problem! They are very nice, accommodating, and understanding! I have been a vegan for a long time and eaten all over the world. This is by far some of the best vegan food I have ever had. I highly recommend the ribs or sticky tofu! So yummy! The price is very good and you should order a few dishes. It can be a little confusing to find, but the sign above the restaurant says vegan on it in all green in small letters. I highly recommend you make this part of your trip to Shanghai as a vegan! The only bad thing is that eventually you have to leave the restaurant haha Also they have a cat there that is very friendly!

Pros: Delicious, Price, Hospitality

Cons: No spoken English (although not much of a problem)

nice to know a good veggie place - Edit

Its a nice place but unfortunately they dont have english menu. One soya fried dish was delicious and a tang spicy. They can cook without onion and garlic if requested! Great for Jains!

Pros: right next to police station

Cons: no english menu

? - Edit

Does anyone know if this place still exists? Because I've been trying to find it, as I live close by. I was at GuoHe road, but couldn't find the number - isn't that the road it's supposed to be at?

2 Responses

Excellent! - Edit

We were delighted to find this little place ... even though it is not easy to find. The food is quite good and not oily, which is so typical of most Chinese food. The staff do not speak English, but they do have an English menu. They are friendly, helpful, and the place is clean. We do plan to return here again!

Please note that the location shown on the map on the Happy Cow website does not show the correct location. When using a map app on a smart phone, we found the address did show up correctly. They are located quite close to the Jiangwan Station on the #10 Subway.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, clean

Cons: portions a bit small, difficult to find the restaruant

I love this place. - Edit

The title says it all--absolutely delicious vegan food served by friendly, attentive people at great prices! My Mandarin is very limited, but the waitress made up an English menu for me! Closed 2-4 on weekdays, and not open for lunch on Mondays. Near Metro Line 10--Jiangwan Stadium station.

Pros: delicious, great service, great prices

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Healthy Home closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2813 times since May 2010.