CLOSED: Healthy Home Market - Independence

• Health Store Health Store

Contact 704-536-4663

5410 E Independence Blvd, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28212

Natural food market with several locations. Stocks fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, vitamins, bulk staple, grocery, and more. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Mon-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by blissuser

Too Expensive For Most People - Edit

I've been here only occasionally over the years, despite living within walking distance of this store. They have a wide variety of products for the health conscious but I have never been able to truly go shopping there because the prices are just far too expensive. For example toothpaste for 7$, regular size box of waffles for 8$. Its just ridiculous to me. Prices like these are one of the most common deterrents to people who would eat/shop healthier if they felt it was affordable. I have been able to find many of the exact same products I wanted from this location in other "non-green" stores for 90% below the prices there or online, which was still cheaper with shipping included. Big Lots had Tom's of Maine's toothpaste for under 2 bucks and sometimes 99 cents for example.

Other stores in the same category, like Earth Fare are higher quality in atmosphere and presentation but also offer cheaper options in most categories. I do not feel that is true of Home Economist everything seems over priced.

Living earth friendly, and eating healthful foods is NOT exclusively for the well off. If you are on a budget this is not the place to shop regularly, but please don't give up, just shop around, and don't be afraid to order online.

Pros: Wide variety, Semi-central location

Cons: High prices

Reminds me of home... - Edit

I like the Home Economist. It reminds me of a store we used to shop in up north. They do have a good selection of foods, supplements, health and beauty, etc. I think the staff is great. The prices are a bit higher than back home but I've found that in every healthy foods store I've shopped in Charlotte. I do agree with the other reviewer that the location could be better. But I vote for the University area because we don't have anything similar near enough. :-)

Pros: friendly staff, knowledgable staff, great selection

Cons: location

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Healthy Home Market - Independence closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 958 times since Aug 2007.