First Review by KriStinHamby

lucky to live here - Edit

I have lived down the street from this market forever. I guess I just take it for granted that I'm lucky enough to have this on walking distance. Best place for me to get bulk raw nuts, grains etc, and I can usually find the little specialty items I need for vegan cooking. Happy to live close and to have this option for shopping.

Reliable and well stocked - Edit

This grocery store is well stocked with vegetarian foods as well as many vegan ones. (It is not exclusively vegetarian - it does also sell meat products.) It has a good produce section, a smoothie bar, and a hot bar/deli. An earlier reviewer said there was no tempeh, but that is no longer true. There is a case of vegan cheeses/mayo/seitan products.

Pros: NIce vibe, Helpful and friendly staff, Good selection of food

Good, but lacking - Edit

Visited on April 18th, 2011. They had quite a few good products. I was in search of tempeh, which they did not have. However, they took my name and number and offered to call around and find some for me. They have a few vegetarian items. Not as many as i would have liked. But they do carry a wide selection of organic foods. Its also the only place in the area I've seen carry veganaise.

Pros: Customer service, spice selection, oraganic products

Cons: low quantity of vegetarian products, a bit small, hard to find things

Return to Davidson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Healthy Home Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 778 times since Aug 2010.