Healthy Discounts

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 818-995-8461

14427 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, California, USA, 91423

Long-time operating independent health food shop, established since 1981. Stocks a wide range of nutritional supplements and vitamins, natural body and beauty care products, packaged foods, snacks, chilled and frozen food, books, energy bars. Vegan and vegetarian friendly. Located in the same shopping plaza as VeStation vegan restaurant. Has parking lot.

First Review by gr8vegan

Good selection of products - Edit

Had learned about this store on HappyCow, and here's my Healthy Discounts review.

It's a large size store, actually, for an independently own business. I was told that it has been in business for over 30 years, though it seems competition is probably really fierce, especially since Whole Foods is taking over a huge chunk of the natural food business.

Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of food and nutritional products offered here. I bought a few snack foods and some healthy dried pasta to take home.

We also munched on a Rice Dream non-dairy ice cream bar after our meal at VeStation Thai vegan restaurant, that's just 2 doors down.

Please go support your local mom-and-pop stores.

strip mall natural food store - Edit

Healthy discounts is not a destination, its half supplements, some freezers of organic goods and two rows of dry goods. I found some blueberry panda licorice, but that's about it! Check out Vstation in the same complex a new vegan restaurant.

I don't think the deli is any more.

Cons: $5min CC purchase

Return to Sherman Oaks Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Healthy Discounts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 811 times since Aug 2007.