First Review by comida

Health Garden, Taipei - Edit

I have been using this website for 15 years. I've never seen a place like this before.

There's certainly a health food shop at this location, no doubt about that. They also sell incense sticks and those ceramic things (please pardon me, I'm not currently sufficiently knowledgeable to know the correct term) for burning them in. There's more though.

Around 50% of the shop is dedicated to selling ladies clothes. I use the word ladies deliberately to try to clarify what I suspect (without being any sort of a fashion guru) is the target age group of the garments in question. There was a group of senior aged ladies sat around a table while I was in here. I suspect this is the target age group for the fashion items in question.

As stated above I am not any sort of a fashion expert and I am happy to be corrected in any of this from anyone more knowledgeable.

Pros: Great for ladies looking for clothes?

Some good finds - Edit

Visited this little shop today which is near Xing Tian Temple area. They have a variety of products and household goods and the owner was friendly and spoke some English. He was unaware that some products contained dairy & eggs though, and the shop also sells honey so it's not vegan, but likely all vegetarian (as the owners are).

Pros: Vegetarian store

Cons: Some bad products

Good, but not fully vegan - Edit

I like this place, but the description mentions this as being fully vegan, when it is not, but I am pretty sure it is fully vegetarian.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: not fully vegan

Friendly store that serves lunch - Edit

They've got a nice selection of organic fruit and vegetables. They sell vegan instant ramen, as well as snacks and porridge mixes.

Pros: Large lunch menu, friendly staff

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Health Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 921 times since Aug 2007.