First Review by myboyfriendisdead

Amazing find in downtown Newark! - Edit

I was leafleting with a friend for Vegan Outreach at Rutgers when she "Happy Cowed" this place. We were SO impressed. They are clean, nice, and the sandwiches (we both got veg corned beef wraps) we're to die for. A hidden gem in downtown Newark where everything else is the total opposite of veg. Also an amazing selection of foods and herbs.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Great selection

Cons: Still offer meat products, Bad neighborhood

Great Store - Edit

I live in Newark, so I visit this store frequently for my vegetarian/vegan meat analog purchases, vitamins and herbal teas selections. I just recently started buying the Vegan deli sandwiches prepared on site and it is "DELICIOUS." The sandwiches are prepared with vegan deli meat analogs (of your choice), along with lettuce, cucumbers, grated red cabbage and so on. They also so "wraps." The staff is friendly and they prepare everything to your liking. I would recommend this store/deli to all vegetarians and vegans. I must correct one the 1st review by saying that " they do cater to "non-vegetarians" and therefore have meat/poultry deli items on their menu (sad huh :-( )." I was in the store on 03/27/09 and I spoke with a staff member and she confirmed that they do serve meat products.

Pros: Excellent selection, Great service, Tasty vegan sandwiches/wraps

Cons: A bit pricey, Don't go during lunch

Return to Newark Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Health Food Herb Center closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2729 times since Aug 2007.