First Review by Jemima

chaos - Edit

I was at Tanya's nearby and saw on happy cow that this was close, so I decided to check it out.
I read a few of the other reviews first and thought that maybe they were being a little pedantic, I wanted to see for myself.
First impression was holy cow try not to knock anything over as you open the door. As everyone has said, it was packed. The lady greeted me as I came in with a big smile. I had a look around, just browsing, as you do. When I got almost to a full circle of the place the lady asked if I needed any help, in turn I replied with no thank you I'm just looking. She then snapped back with "you're never Going to find any vitamins in here, we are purely here for seeking a certain thing"
I said "that's okay, I don't have anything in mind, but if I see something I like- I might need it then" with a laugh

When I left with nothing she said "always good to browse " and then rolled her eyes.

I saw some great stuff in there but it was difficult to actually focus on anything as there was no structure to the shelves or prices

Pros: lots of items, mostly vegan, nice location

Cons: lady behind counter , cluttered/messy , no prices

Oh dear. - Edit

The woman who works at this shop has terrible customer service skills. I was in the shop today, just browsing for (literally) a few minutes when the woman who either works there or owns the shop impatiently asked me what I wanted and did I need any help. I politely replied that I was fine and carried on browsing. The woman then came from the counter and stood with her arms folded staring at me. I've never felt so uncomfortable in a shop before. I asked her if the shop was closing as her behaviour made me feel like she wanted me out of the shop. I decided to leave and explained it was because she was making me feel very unwelcome. She started hurling abuse at me. Laughable really, as I would have certainly bought something if her customer service skills weren't so appalling. The shop is a total mess & overflowing with a lot of stock, spilling out of the shelves, with very little order and some of it covered in dust. I wonder if this shopkeeper ever sells anything. Avoid this place if you'd like to keep your day pleasant.

Pros: lots of stock

Cons: Shopkeeper very rude., Messy shop., Not allowed to browse.

packed shop - Edit

Near Kensington Street tube station. Packaged food, small refrigerated area, bottled juices, snack bars, health and toiletry products. Extremely packed little shop. Far too many things cluttering up the broad counter in front of the cash register, making customers reach over to pay, etc.

Pros: good array of foods

Cons: too crowded

Strange shopkeeper - Edit

Close to South Kensington tube station.
The shop is quite small. It is jam packed with products stacked high and piled on the floor so you have to watch where you step in some areas.

It is largely packaged foods. The range is decent for the size of the shop, some stock looks a little old.

When I walked in the shopkeeper said "You've lost weight haven't you?!". I was taken aback as we had never seen each other before. A little later I was looking at my phone and she asked me if I needed any help. I said I was fine thanks and continued checking my phone. She asked me again more agitatedly if I needed help and I said no I was fine I was just messaging a friend. She let rip a torrent about how it was a place of business, that people were busy and were trying to work -even though there was no one else in the shop - I walked out and the tirade got even stronger with her exclamations following after me!

I am unsure of prices.

Pros: Poor service

Cons: lots of stock crammed in

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Health Craze closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1927 times since Jul 2009.