Healing Meals

Contact 423-573-3257

1250 Volunteer Pkwy, Ste 6, Bristol, Tennessee, USA, 37620

A 100% vegan/gluten free, and mostly raw, cafe. The chef, Jennifer, received her certification as a Raw Culinary Associate Chef and Chef Instructor in February 2014 at the world renowned Living Light Raw Culinary Institute. Also holds classes and workshops. Open Mon 11:30am-5:00pm, Tue-Fri 11:30am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Take-out

First Review by hightpi

super tasty food, personable chefs - Edit

Finally a place in Bristol my California brother will adore when he visits. 80% raw 100%vegan super tasty food, personable chefs who explained to me the reasons for eating raw food, one biggie that stuck was that raw diets retain more nutrients. I went in for lunch today before going to the doctor because I have been so slow overcoming chronic bronchitis. Thought I might cancel the doctor's appointment after the energizing feeling upon eating a Thai wrap with little sprouts poking their heads out of it. Bristol has little for vegetarians or vegans. When I go out to eat looking for vegetarian food, I am stumped. I am pretty easy going about allowing my food to be near meat, but tons of people are not so thrilled about animal products always being with us. Thank you Healing Meals! You made my day today. Your food is the best medicine!

Pros: raw food has more retained nutients, vegetables are fresh, many options, friendly people

Delicious food that's actually good for you! - Edit

Healing Meals is a welcome find among vegan restaurants. Many (most/) vegan restaurants try to compensate for the "comfort factor" by adding lots of oil, sugar, and refined flour. Thankfully, Healing Meals does not go this route. The food is quite tasty, and you get the added feeling of satisfaction of knowing that the meal you just ate was actually good for you!

We had the "tuna" salad sandwich and the veggie burger. Since Healing Meals tends towards raw food, there was not a bun with the burger, so it lost a bit of its mouth feel, but it was still good. However, the "tuna" salad sandwich special was outstanding! My recommendation is to just go with the special of the day, it's bound to be good and a good value!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good value, Friendly Staff

Cons: Limited Menu, Small Portions, Card tables - Mostly a take out place

Return to Bristol Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Healing Meals closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 981 times since Oct 2014.