Hayloft Restaurant

Contact 01395514996

Dunscombe Ln, Sidmouth, England, EX10 0NU

Serves meat, vegan options available. A cafe/restaurant located on the Donkey Sanctuary just outside Sidmouth. Entry to the sanctuary is free. The menu includes a vegan burger, which came in a large bap with salad and locally produced relish; a vegan soup of the day which came with a bread bun and 2 vegan cakes. Fast service. Pleasant atmosphere.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by Ffion89

Confusing but tasty - Edit

I had been struggling to find somewhere new to visit that would suit me and my coeliac dad, and so decided to give this place a try!

It's website proudly mentions the words 'vegan' and 'gluten free' but when we got there and looked the menu we discovered a slightly confusing system! Rather than marking items as 'gf' or 'vg' they mark every single item on their menu with numbers that denote a particular allergen!

Despite that their vegan roast was delicious, and they were very helpful when it came to checking ingredients and swapping items for suitable ones.

Their selection of cakes (including vegan and gluten free ones) looked incredible, although I didn't try any this time around.

We will definitely visit again!

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: Poorly labelled menu, Not many gluten free options

Return to Sidmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hayloft Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.