Harvest Room

Contact 708-671-8905

7164 W 127th St, Palos Heights, Illinois, USA, 60463

Serves meat, vegan options available. American food menu, includes a few veg choices like soft tofu for a scrambler, chicken-style seitan, and daily vegan soup. Has vegan cheese and bread as well. Entrees circa. $20 as of Sep 2016. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-10:00pm, Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by widgetoc

Unimpressed - Edit

As a vegan in the south suburbs I was thrilled to hear of the Harvest Room and their Vegan/Gluten Free Menu. Not wanting to judge based on one visit I have eaten there three times and don't feel a need to return. The service is generally good, but the place is noisy. The real problem I have is the very limited and uninspired vegan options. Tofu scramble, Veggie Burger or a salad that you can remove the special dressing to make it vegan, come on. I was hoping for something worth going out for not just someplace because you have no other choice.

Pros: Service

Cons: Uninspired menu, noisy

OK Vegan fare, but impressive staff - Edit

I stopped here for brunch with my mom earlier this week. The restaurant is absolutely delightful--the interior is gorgeous and the staff was extremely charming! I was thrilled to be asked right off the cuff if we would like a vegan/vegetarian menu rather than having to ask them for it, and once they knew I was vegan, they were very careful to be sure that I knew what items contained what for making decisions. (In specific: letting me know that the wheat toast was honey-wheat.)

I had the tofu scramble with spinach, peppers, and Daiya. The scramble itself was surprisingly under-seasoned and too oily, but I'm not sure how much of the oil was the result of their cooking or the Daiya. Regardless, it needed a lot of salt. The fruit I was served was good though, and the jalapeno jam they served with the toast was out of this world. (Their coffee was super good too, I had more refills than I'd care to admit.)

So, staff and venue: 5 cows, food thus far: 3 cows.

I'm definitely willing to give them another try at another meal with high hopes that it'll be just as tasty, and I plan to ask for it to be prepared with light or no oil, just in case.

Pros: Knowledgable, friendly staff, Clearly marked Vegan/Vegetarian menu, Beautiful venue

Cons: Small parking lot, Oily food, Under-seasoned

Return to Palos Heights Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harvest Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1266 times since Dec 2013.